PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Tourer question

zears
11-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Hi all, first time posting on here and was hoping i could get some info if anyone knows.

I have a 2007 tourer that i bought a few years ago and have never had any issues with it. it is totally stock and auto as i was planning to teach my wife to drive in it and she wasn't willing to learn manual.

anyway that's a separate issue, the issue is that on the weekend i was fishing around under the drivers seat for something i had dropped down the side of the seat and when i got it and was about to drive off i noticed the warning light that comes on when traction control is working was lit up solid.

I assumed i might have bumped a cable or something under the seat as its pretty tight under there. i turned the car off and back on to see if it would stay lit up and it didn't so i didnt think anything more on it and rushed off to my hockey game.

After the game i noticed (it may have been doing this on the way too but i didn't notice) that my sat nav screen now goes to the start screen with the Honda symbol and the Honda navigation written on it but instead of then loading into the sat nav program it just stays on that screen for about 30 secs then turns of for 1 sec then back that screen for 30 secs and off and so on. I can not even use the screen for climate control or radio etc. however these both still work from the main buttons and steering wheel buttons.

i have checked the dvd drive and it seems to be working fine (i can hear the disc spin up), and i have checked under the seat and cant see any lose wires or pinched wires or undone clips.

so basically im wondering if it is something ive done under the seat that might have done this and if so is it likely a broken wire or perhaps a wire thats stripped and is earthing etc. or is it something that i can simply do some sort of factory reset or could it be something else altogether and just a coincidence?

Any help would be awesome.

thanks guys.

TLDR: sat nav not loading and stays on load screen for 30 secs then turns of and then back to load screen over and over.... need help with ideas on how to fix plz.

iRoik
11-09-2013, 09:50 AM
anyway that's a separate issue, the issue is that on the weekend i was fishing around under the drivers seat for something i had dropped down the side of the seat and when i got it and was about to drive off i noticed the warning light that comes on when traction control is working was lit up solid.

I assumed i might have bumped a cable or something under the seat as its pretty tight under there. i turned the car off and back on to see if it would stay lit up and it didn't so i didnt think anything more on it and rushed off to my hockey game.

Hi zears,

Welcome to Ozhonda.

I'm not sure about the sat-nav issue, but the VSA light could very well have been lit because you accidentally bumped the VSA button located to the right of the steering wheel, above the coin box.

I can't be certain that it's not linked to your sat-nav issue as I have the non-navi luxury version, but that's what it's sounding like.

Good luck finding a solution to your problem.