PDA

View Full Version : Regarding to the brake upgrade

kakasing
13-09-2013, 01:44 AM
Hi guys, I am a uni student from BNE and recently bought a 97 Honda Civic Gli hatch, and last month I drove it to a mechanic he said my brake pads are almost gone and needed to be replaced very soon. So I am looking for an upgrade. I am planning to get a set of RD slotted & drilled with EBC Greenstuff. But the problem is the size of the brake pads.. I did some research these days and their comments are completely different.. Some said the Gli model using the same pads with the VTIR while other said smaller for the earlier gli model. Even seen comments said EK EG EM EJ are sharing the same pads, rotors, calipers, etc..

So I am posting this and looking for help, if I've posted to the wrong place please tell me so that I revise my mistake.. Much appreciate for any comments..

Cheers guys

grifty
13-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Why not just take out a pad and compare it to the bendix website? Should only take like 15 mins

NightKids
13-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Yeap you should do what grifty said. The amount of useless trips I've wasted going to autobarn to exchange the brake pads.

Just not worth the trouble.

P.S. Bitch is always bitches...

kakasing
13-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Why not just take out a pad and compare it to the bendix website? Should only take like 15 mins

Hm, I tried that this morning, but the image shown on the page might not be the actual size. I think I will have to print it out. But when I look for the catalogue, neither Bendix nor EBC has provided the part for EK Gli hatch, the only I could find is EG5, EG6, EK1 hatch (not sure why it comes with drum but I am pretty sure it isn't..). That's what I am confusing..