PDA

View Full Version : Seatcovers Again

Euro2005
31-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Hello,
I know seatcovers are a bad risk and not worth it (I have searched and read every post in this forum so far on this subject) , but I still want to protect the seats (ivory cloth) and make them a little more comfortable my 81 year old Father.
I saw some very nice sheepskin throwovers and I'm pretty sure there would be no risk with these.

I've also read that aeroSpace 303 is very good for protecting the interior.

What does everyone think ?

Thanks.

PS : I've found out that Maguire's NXT has mild solvents in it to help clean, and the best way to use it is -
1st wash the car, then use NXT.
2nd Leave it for a week to bond.
3rd Final coat of pure Carnuba Wax.
Doing it this way you don't take to much "off" using NXT to often .

qmjona
01-04-2005, 02:56 PM
I have put some sheepskin covers on, I have cut out the sides so as not to affect the airbags.

fortec@sprint.net.au
10-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Try Seat Cover World in Victoria: www.seatcoverworld.com.au

They have custom made sheep skin covers for Accords/Euro. They are sheep skin front and acrylic back with a slot on the side for the airbag. I also had a set of rears made (model is called Senator) that even comes with a zip cover for the arm rest and correct split (when folding the rear seats down).

All covers come in a variety of colours and skin thickness. Price was reasonable ($275 for sheep skin front and $150 for acrylic rears). I looked all over and could not find any equivalents at a reasonable price.

One vendor can make sheep skin fronts without the side panel but wanted $500+ for the pair! My Euro has a black interior and it is very difficult to get black sheepskin covers.

These guys are good - good quality, speed and service.

nexace
11-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Hope you don't have a luxury model if you want to use seat covers. Don't think the heated seats will like it.

And good point regarding Airbags. Will they be affected?

SiReal
11-08-2005, 01:42 PM
sheepskin covers are fantastic! They keep you warm in winter and cool in summer. And they are much mich more confortable than standard seats. although after a whle they do start to smell like ours. so we've had ours washed. and they're good again!

fortec@sprint.net.au
11-08-2005, 07:55 PM
I dont have the luxury model so heated seats not an issue. The sheepskin is plenty warm.

The covers I have from Seat Cover World has a slot/hole cut on the side and it is big enough for the airbag. You can check this by tracing you hand over where the airbag will come out. According to the makers, it is Designed for seat side airbags but not approved (e.g. All care no responsibility).

I am not aware of any manufacturer who claims to have approved seat covers for seats with side airbags.

Does Honda actually make their own seat covers? I remember a friend of mine having Honda seat covers for his CRV

aaronng
11-08-2005, 09:20 PM
The CRV doesn't have side airbags though....