PDA

View Full Version : Aem Cold Air Intake Valve for Accord Euro

Pum[Z]
31-03-2005, 02:42 PM
This message is specially for Jolt.. I can't PM ya coz ur PM box is full so decided to start a thread so i can get u to answer my question...

I'm really interested in the Aem Cold Intake Bypass Valve like the one in ur car. I have searched ebay and have found it. I was just wondering what the inches is to suit the injen CAI.. I measured the pipe diameter and its very near to 3 inches.. So is it the 3 inch Cold Air Intake Bypass Valve - part no. 20-403 needed for the Injen or is it a smaller diameter one??

Can u please check the part no or at least the inches with ur one (It should say with the packaging it came with)...

BTW i really like ur comptech strut bar it looks real mean in ur engine bay...

Cheers..
Michael

Pum[Z]
31-03-2005, 02:56 PM
BTW i really think the AEM Cold Intake Bypass Valve is really a ingenious product that should be in every CAI setup.. At least its a tested product where if the airfilter is submerged in water it won't go to the engine bay and stuff it up...

They trial tested it on a Acura NSX..
read for further info of how it went:
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0104scc_tested/index.html

jolt
31-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Sorry, I just cleared out my PM inbox so there is now room in there for more messages, but a good idea to share any information in a thread anyway.

I will have to check the box when I get home tonight for the part number. I just asked the seller to include one for the TSX Injen CAI which he was also supplying to me, so there are no part numbers in my email records.

It really is a fantastic idea and I will make sure that from now on I always have one fitted to any cars that mount a pod filter below the top of bumper bar, be it in the front spoiler or in the wheel arch. The AEM bypass valve is VERY cheap insurance against having to rebuild or in a worst case scenario replace your engine. :D

It is especially comforting to know you have it fitted when you have other people driving the car won’t be so careful and mindful of the limitations of a CAI in wet weather!! :rolleyes:

Rod

yfin
31-03-2005, 09:44 PM
What mods do you need to make to the Injen CAI to fit the bypass valve?

EuroAccord13
31-03-2005, 10:54 PM
My CAI has a flexi joint... Maybe I can remove it and replace it with the Bypass Valve..

From the AEM site.. It reported that there is a slight power loss but in return for preventing hydrolock, I think it's a good trade off...

I'm thinking if it fits my K&N Typhoon CAI, I will buy one of them and use it during winter LOL!

Pum[Z]
01-04-2005, 02:53 AM
Yeah the rains are coming...

Just in time as well...
Its either time to put back the CAI to SRI mode or buy one of those bypass valves and keep the CAI mode...

jolt
01-04-2005, 09:17 AM
I replaced the rubber coupler near the battery that came with the Injen CAI with my AEM bypass valve. It was a tight fit, but it's on there now and doesn't appear to be coming off in a hurry.

I think by a slight power loss they mean a fraction of a hp/kW so there's barely any trade off at all. :)

Sorry, didn't get a chance to check on the part number last night. Will definitely have it for you tonight. :o

Rod

Peekay34
01-04-2005, 09:49 AM
I have a brand new AEM bypass valve 2.75 inch if some one wants to offer a resonable price plus shipping?? . Bought it for my Sportivo but did not put it in.. And I have the Comptech intake so do not need it.

tanghy
01-04-2005, 10:35 AM
be very careful with the bypass valve, some jokers in the US installed it wrongly and it got sucked into the intake or futher up...

Peekay34
01-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Are they stupid or what I dont think it is possible looking at the valve.

Sulley
01-04-2005, 01:16 PM
I have a brand new AEM bypass valve 2.75 inch if some one wants to offer a resonable price plus shipping?? . Bought it for my Sportivo but did not put it in.. And I have the Comptech intake so do not need it.
does yours fit the Injen CAI?
if it does, i'll take it!

Peekay34
01-04-2005, 01:24 PM
I have no idea ... It should ... I don't know what you have so am only guessing if the size is right should work.

Sulley
01-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Does anyone know if it'll fit?? :confused:
Jolt?? anybody??

jolt
01-04-2005, 07:06 PM
it got sucked into the intake
Was it a car with forced induction?

http://www.aempower.com/faq.asp?fid=21&sid=3&tid=

AEM does not recommend the use of the bypass valve on engines equipped with forced induction (turbo or superchargers).
Rod

jolt
01-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Does anyone know if it'll fit??
Sorry, but I have no idea at this stage. I will double check the box for part a number on the weekend and hopefully a diameter too!! ;)

Rod

Sulley
11-04-2005, 03:15 PM
My Injen CAI just arrived! managed to avoid customs for it. Kurama motors listed the value as 100US and i just picked it up from the post office, gonna get it installed tonight. Oh and its 2.75 inches
Peekay's bypass valve will fit.
Peekay, i'll take your bypass valve, check ur pm.

I'm thinking of running it SRI first and running the full CAI during summer just to be safe.
Whats the difference between running it SRI and full CAI interms of both power and sound?

Ferrarista
08-11-2005, 03:10 PM
So where did you guys end up getting this from?

EuroAccord13
08-11-2005, 03:15 PM
So where did you guys end up getting this from?

The Bypass valve you mean?

Why not send Peekay a PM and see if he's still got his for sale :)

Ferrarista
08-11-2005, 03:31 PM
The Bypass valve you mean?

Why not send Peekay a PM and see if he's still got his for sale :)
Sounds like he sold it to Sulley, a few ebay sites have them but they are all from the US