PDA

View Full Version : ep3 radiator?

greenek
17-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Hey all, found my top tank cracked on my radiator over the weekend! Bugger! Can anyone assist me in whoch are dc5 radiators interchangable? I was told today that everything looks the same but the dc5r is 4cm longer....
this might be an issue...

Anyone done this before ???

Perry
17-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Hey all, found my top tank cracked on my radiator over the weekend! Bugger! Can anyone assist me in whoch are dc5 radiators interchangable? I was told today that everything looks the same but the dc5r is 4cm longer....
this might be an issue...

Anyone done this before ???

I was told they are different because of the support brackets are differenent and sensor location are different tooo. Aftermarket wise it will be the same issue depending brands as I purchase a aftermarket one before and the seller stated it was for dc5r/ep3 but unfortunately mounting points for the fan and sensors did not lined up at all so becareful.

greenek
17-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Thanks heaps, can someone please give a hand! Im trying hard to source one :(

Perry
17-09-2013, 07:52 PM
If your planning on getting a new OEM ep3 radiator you might as well spend the money on aftermarket one such as Koyo or you could try Mishimoto ( you need to do more research on this as its made for the ep3 si model).

http://www.redline360.com/mishimoto-radiator-honda-civic-si-MMRAD-CIV-02SI

greenek
17-09-2013, 11:25 PM
Cannot find a decent priced local alloy one other than KLS on ebay and their listing is dc5r ep3 so not sure to trust it or not. Happy to pay up to around $400 give or take $100... would of rathered genuine new but honda quoted too much

Perry
18-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Cannot find a decent priced local alloy one other than KLS on ebay and their listing is dc5r ep3 so not sure to trust it or not. Happy to pay up to around $400 give or take $100... would of rathered genuine new but honda quoted too much

Kls doesn't fit our cars from experience. You could try tigwa but fitment will need a bit of playing around.

EKVTIR-T
18-09-2013, 09:38 AM
going on a limb but have you called around honda wreckers?

slim chance but yeah worth a shot

stndrd
18-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Just call yonas and get a mishimoto radiator for it

DC:51:VE
18-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Just call yonas and get a mishimoto radiator for it

Yeah man. Believe me when I say I searches everywhere for one n couldn't find a thing. The mishimoto is a strait for in including fans bolt strait on.

Go grab one