PDA

View Full Version : Getting EK back up and running

gelo
18-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Hi guys

I havnt been on this forum for a while now due to living overseas but I have just moved back to Sydney. My EK4 has been sitting in the garage collecting dust and its time to get it up and running again. It's gonna be a big job no doubt and so my question is how much do you guys think it will take to get it back on the road? Replacing all the rubber parts, flushing out fluids etc. It hasnt be driven for 3 years and I have been pretty much out of touch with the automotive scene.

Any advise or rough numbers would be most appreciated. I was thinking of taking it to Hannys. Help me revive my car!

Daveho1
18-09-2013, 08:57 PM
i would just replace the fluids and go for it, maby the timing belt as well if it was almost due when u put the car away.
no need to go replacing parts unless u need to

mocchi
18-09-2013, 09:04 PM
i would probably do these if im in your situation
air out the interior
charge battery or buy new battery
do full service all fluids, check belts for tension, check spark plugs
drain petrol and refill with 5l fresh petrol
probably drip some fresh engine oil in cylinder and hand crank engine few times
then do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBD-rFP7q9c

carayan
18-09-2013, 09:07 PM
I'd change the battery and/or starter as well, if it hasn;t been started for that long.

nobbs
19-09-2013, 07:26 AM
Hey Gelo,

Good to see you and your ek4 are still around... i'd say just take it to Hanny's and tell them it hasn't been driven for 3 years and ask them to give it a once over and replace any parts they recommend.