PDA

View Full Version : NSW Fixing car and getting blue slip, where?

gelo
20-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Hey guys

Just back in Sydney after living overseas for 3 years. My car has been sitting in the garage and needs to be taken into a shop to get it fixed.

Does anyone know a place where I can get the car checked, serviced AND do the blue slip? Or are blue slips always done at different places? Also, my car has mods on it such as: full exhaust with mugen twinloop (not loud), mugen intake (closed), coil overs, orc clutch, an ek9 rear sway with ASR brace and a recaro sr3. Do they all have to be returned to stock? ( i dont have most stock parts)

I have been out of the loop for a few years so I have no idea where to go and who to take it to. I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you all!

amant02
21-09-2013, 07:25 PM
PM me $450, car don't need to be there.

3K9
21-09-2013, 11:52 PM
The most that mechanics can charge for a blueslip in NSW is $59.** .

From the RTA website; http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/index.cgi?fuseaction=inspectionstation.form

Enter in your area.
*Next page*
Under accreditation, the workshops that have "Unregistered Light Vehicle" listed, are the ones can do the blueslip, ofc.

Depends on the 'inspection station'. Ofc all mechanics are different, just like personalities, some will be stricter than others.

I did my blueslip under 2 weeks ago. Was told that my pod filter with an aluminum enclosed cover would not pass inspection. According to the RTA (NSW), the intake system must not be altered, because to them it will change the emissions of the car. So without an engineering cert for the aftermarket intake system, legally, it is not allowed. However, we know that the Police goes by that the filter must be enclosed, covered up.
But who knows, your intake looks more stock right?
Also, are your Recaros certified? If not, put sheep seat covers over them and hopefully they'll slip through. ;D

The mechanics that I went to didn't even road test my car, or even put it on a hoist! The mechanic ticked some boxes on the blue rego paper that he didn't even check.
I was checked whether all exterior lights were working properly, if my lowered Civic passed the legal ride height, which it did, and I had to change to the stock airbox.

Is anything wrong with your EK?

All your other mods that you listed are classified as minor modifications, which means that you do not need an engineer's cert or notify the RTA.

Apart, from the Recaros, I'd reckon you'll pass blueslip.

All the best mate!