PDA

View Full Version : Carbon fibre bonnet traders

deltaboy
31-03-2005, 07:36 PM
anyone know any good places where they sell good cfb designs (in sydney) and price range? i wanna reduce the weight of the itr. good sites to browse would be nice :)

cheers

panda[cRx]
31-03-2005, 07:40 PM
check in the traders section. a few of them like hondar gets them in fairly regularly

joneblaze
31-03-2005, 09:13 PM
anyone know any good places where they sell good cfb designs (in sydney) and price range? i wanna reduce the weight of the itr. good sites to browse would be nice :)

cheers

Just rip out your rear seats, you'll save the same amount of weight... ;)

lol j/k

Like Panda said, Hondar regularly gets cf style/cf layered hoods.

Value for money wise, if you're after performance weight reduction and not just looks, not sure exactly how well it works out. :)

$650+ for few kg? You could do the same for free! :thumbsup:

lerroy
01-04-2005, 07:14 AM
weight saving isnt much, as Joneblaze said ditch seats or rear parcel shelf or something thats not needed for same savings

you would really only get one for looks...( i personally think they look good)

Hondar ships in traders section $650 and 100 bucks shipping in anywere aus ( takes about two months on the boat)

good luck

deltaboy
01-04-2005, 09:07 AM
ive done that, kinda useless when you gotta drive your gf and her friends around LMAO.. im just thinking of getting a cfb atm and then the rest just work on engine performance. i'm pretty much up for a major service.

yeh ive seen a couple of nice designs. from what ive heard, cfb helps in cooling the cars engine. by what i mean cooling, the original metal bonnets hold some of the heat given off by the engine leaving it trapped there but cfb does not heat up as much. The vents on the bonnets could help vent out some of the hot air rising from the engine. Cfb could also be used to insulate the suns heat as well when driving on a hot sunny day.. especially with vtec when you pop it out of traffic fustration LOL eheheh i think its kinda a good bonus that it weighs lighter as well. even im trying to lose weight coz im such a fat ass.

but then again i could be wrong, it might not do little or anything. and just like lerroy said, it might just be for looks LOL

dunno, havnt gotten one YET LOL

Thanks for the post people.

cheers

EG5
01-04-2005, 09:13 AM
bling factor

10KRPM
01-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Get dry cf fiber bonnet...

you can pick it up with 1 hand.....try doing that with the standard bonnet

z3lda
02-04-2005, 12:17 AM
Get dry cf fiber bonnet...

you can pick it up with 1 hand.....try doing that with the standard bonnet

i can lift my standard bonnet with one hand? wat u are on about.................................

Sp3rMz
02-04-2005, 12:21 AM
As bling factors a CF is a good Idea. It is also a good idea if you're a hardcore racer but as for weight reduction, I believe it was 40kgs off a car saves you 0.1secs (please correct me if my figures are wrong) and a stock ITR bonnet is only 20kgs 25kgs if I remember right (once again correct me if I'm wrong).

As for answering your question Hondar (ozhonda trader) sells Semi CFs hoods for 600 - 700 odd dollars or you can try carmates.com. I'm Melbourne based so I don't know many Sydney places sorry.

Have you taken out your space saver in the boot. Saves you 15kgs. Or your best option that saves money is tell your GFs friends to get the **** out of your car ;). I usually limit my car to only front passenger and thats it.

z3lda
02-04-2005, 12:27 AM
or the mugen/spoon/apexi/greddy/hks badges? they'l also save you a few kilo's

panda[cRx]
02-04-2005, 12:36 AM
i can lift my standard bonnet with one hand? wat u are on about.................................

he doesnt mean lift it when attached to a car. he means pick up the whole thing. i had a look at a friends one and couldnt believe how light it was

edw-R
02-04-2005, 12:38 AM
Yeah..i love cf bonnet too.

^^v
02-04-2005, 12:52 AM
accleration wise i doubt u'd notice shyt all difference..
u'd notice a lil bit in the handling department.. but imo 650+ for a few kg's aint worth it (for weight alone)
but for bling factor... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

n dry carbon fibre.... that would cost an arm n a leg n a dick possibly :p