PDA

View Full Version : Banned for trying to promote and encourage group buys?

John42td
26-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Why would this happen? I'm keen to know the reasoning behind this. Did someone collect money for a group buy and shoot thru?

DreadAngel
26-09-2013, 08:57 PM
I think its more to do with OH not wanting to deal with the headaches more than one unhappy customer from a sale not involving them. As is with OH acting as only a medium in which for people to communicate to each other, there are problems now and then including people wanting to involve OH -_-

lolmclol
26-09-2013, 09:22 PM
I think its more to do with OH not wanting to deal with the headaches more than one unhappy customer from a sale not involving them. As is with OH acting as only a medium in which for people to communicate to each other, there are problems now and then including people wanting to involve OH -_-

summed up pretty well

seen on plenty of other forums where buys have been aranged, everything looks legit, then either the parts arrive and they aren't what they expected or the organiser vanishes into thin air.

Tboy
26-09-2013, 09:41 PM
this forum has an insane rules lol

lolmclol
26-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Would you like to run a site where people who are completely unknown to everyone are organising big buys and collecting a lot of money to potentially purchase goods?

I doubt it.

bennjamin
26-09-2013, 10:52 PM
this forum has an insane rules lol

You have NO idea

Rules are what they are , from previous experiences and common sense guys. Full stop,

ansontheway
27-09-2013, 02:56 AM
I don't think OH has the obligation to take any responsibility for outcomes(or failures) of group buys organised by members.
Therefore the rule is more likely to protect us instead than to protect OH.

Daveho1
27-09-2013, 05:49 AM
unfortunately they could be partially left responsible so please check with mods if your unsure.
we dont want any litigation or threats their of (from cuz) like we got from certain BackYard Performance companys when things go bad

DreadAngel
27-09-2013, 06:31 AM
I don't think OH has the obligation to take any responsibility for outcomes(or failures) of group buys organised by members.
Therefore the rule is more likely to protect us instead than to protect OH.

Yup, agree but doesn't stop people going, "Shouldn't OH do more to stop this kind of thing from happening?" so better to kill it before it starts rather than wait for it to blow up -_-

AusS2000
27-09-2013, 04:07 PM
S2ki has the same concerns. GBs can only be organised by paying members whose details are registered to the site.

bennjamin
27-09-2013, 04:09 PM
S2ki has the same concerns. GBs can only be organised by paying members whose details are registered to the site.

GBs can only be organised by traders on this site. They are generally accountable and traceable compared to faceless members.

DakDak
27-09-2013, 06:13 PM
BackYard Performance

I see what you did there. teehee

BlitZ
16-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Shouldnt someone be cautioned first, then banned?
Group buys are on every forum. Shouldnt crucify a newb

I even remember when u couldnt bad mouth a workshop a few years ago on Ozhonda.
But failed to see the same moderation in the lounge with the recent dummy spats.

curtis265
16-01-2014, 04:10 PM
summed up pretty well

seen on plenty of other forums where buys have been aranged, everything looks legit, then either the parts arrive and they aren't what they expected or the organiser vanishes into thin air.

in which case, it suddenly becomes OH's problem. something that the staff didn't organise or promise sudenly becomes their problem

bennjamin
16-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Shouldnt someone be cautioned first, then banned?
Group buys are on every forum. Shouldnt crucify a newb

I even remember when u couldnt bad mouth a workshop a few years ago on Ozhonda.
But failed to see the same moderation in the lounge with the recent dummy spats.

Firstly you are missing a few things. I can't recall this exact situation - but if someone signs up purely to sell / organise a group buy then a moderator can temporary ban them as an example to themselves and others.
Generally normal users will receive infractions points as "warnings" which will add up to a ban if they aren't helpful.
Nothing to discuss that's fairly straight forward.

As for bad mouthing workshops - the recent place bad mouthed was practicing illegally , had many burnt clients off this forum so it was left to slide.