PDA

View Full Version : Does it fit a bike?

stevo1210
29-09-2013, 06:12 PM
I'm currently helping a friend look for a Honda (again). I'm not the best with 2nd hand cars cause I've always bought brand new. He currently drives a Pulsar SSS... y'know, the crap that likes to race us Honda people at the lights ;) OR in my case, the crap that annoys me at the lights where I have to wind down the window and say "mate, get f***ed... it's 11PM and and I'm driving the missus & kids home".

Anyway, he is currently looking at a Honda Civic EK/EP3 or Integra DC2/DC5... because he "must own a own a Honda before he dies" *facepalm*

Only problem is that it must be able to fit a bike and possibly a stove or fridge with the seats folded. Don't ask me why, I know it's stupid.

It also must be fast and can do good burnouts, as well as over 170KMH on the M5 motorway.. along with good handbrake turns.
Budget under 10K if possible, can stretch to 15K as he says.

... sometimes I really do wonder... am I getting old or what? sigh at dem hoons.

Okay, so Integra or Civic (hatch) owners, can your car fit a mountain bike with the seats down? Can you drive faster than a N15 Pulsar SSS? (B16 owners and K20 owners discuss).

amant02
29-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Bike, yes. Thule Bike racks! JDM Brownie points through the roof.

As for a stove or a fridge, mate its a civic...... go rent a ute for the day. You cannot even fit this into a SSS anyway.

Under 10k He can get a very nice ek4/em1 basically 90's range to choose from. Also possibility of getting a used and abused dc2r.

For 15k, Very very clean 90's model with epic JDM mods or even some DC5r's and EP3r's going in this price range, but he better be prepared to make up for maintenance the previous owner didn't do.

This is just my 2cents.

My em1 - b16a2 (slowest of b series setup ever sold) was faster then N15/SSS hatchs and sedans. Rolling start and at the lights.

I bought my dc5r for 14.5k - Very clean interior and came with good mods, but previous owner just did oil changes and got told rip off things at the mech's so he ended up selling up for cheap cos he believed he had to buy a new ICAV, which just needed a clean and she's chirping 3rds

stevo1210
29-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Bike, yes. Thule Bike racks! JDM Brownie points through the roof.

As for a stove or a fridge, mate its a civic...... go rent a ute for the day. You cannot even fit this into a SSS anyway.

That's what I told him LOL. I borrowed Thule bike racks and they work great with the OEM roof racks on my FD. Still, he said no because a) it costs money and b) it looks uncool. Yes, I am talking to a friend thats 23 years old with the brain of a 16 year old. As for the stove/fridge thing... I definitely fit a Chef freestanding stove in the back of my ZZE Corolla when rennovating with the seats down, haven't tried a fridge yet.
I dunno why I say this, but I have a vision of him bringing a bike to car inspections and going "Hey, can I see if this fits?" =.='

Šerp
29-09-2013, 07:05 PM
I can fit my Downhill mountain bike in the back of the dc2 just need to take off the front wheel and remove the rear strut brace but apart from that it fits Easily. I now have roof racks though

amant02
29-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Maybe a Jazz is what his after, buy a GD3 and kswap the bitch.

Baby Face
30-09-2013, 06:54 PM
jazz will fit a fridge (Y)

i put a 42inch plasma in the back before- plasmas have to be kept up right at all times-.

i think an ep3 would be better for speed though, and cost less than K-swapping a Jazz.

EG with back down has decent rear space