PDA

View Full Version : Cusco suspension

Waggy
01-04-2005, 07:28 AM
Has anyone used Cusco Comp-S suspension before? They are an extremely cheap coilever system that apparently retains excellent comfort while making your car handle better.

If so, where did you order them from? Are they available for an EM1 Civic (00 Vti-R Coop)?

Thanks!

EG5
01-04-2005, 08:57 AM
pm me

type one
01-04-2005, 09:40 AM
lowering any car on a spring/shock set up and not JUST springs will make it handle better.

The EM1 is famous for its soft chassis, so if u want something which is just for looks and a little bit of fun then Cusco will do the job. Want to see a track - then i would stay away.

This coilover system, if it could be called that only lowers and does not offer damper/rebound settings and is comparable to a Tein HR.

Waggy
01-04-2005, 08:02 PM
EG5, you have been pm'ed.

Yeah I'm not really using it for the track, only street. I want SOME performance but mostly to retain a "close to standard but slightly stiffer" sort of ride. I also want about a 35mm drop...so yeah....I don't want much do I? :)

type one
01-04-2005, 11:40 PM
well this setup should suit you fine then.

Eclipsor
02-04-2005, 12:14 AM
How cheap is extremely cheap?

edw-R
02-04-2005, 12:56 AM
I am using cusco zero 1 coilover. As i know, when you adjust the height of cusco comp-S, you will affect the strength of spring. In my opinion, you better to choose coilover which don't need to affect the strength of spring when you adjust the height.

Waggy
02-04-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm so confused with what suspension to use. I've been told Tein Super Streets are also good and offer more adjustability but then I search on them and find out some people find them noisy.

It's so difficult to pick good parts where I live because I don't have the advantage of walking into a shop to see or talk about them.