PDA

View Full Version : Mars performance

Red_H_badge
05-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum..

I own a 2009 Honda Civic FD2.. I'm planning to do a lot of stuff with it and not planning on selling this car..
For starters I wanna begin with all the cosmetics of the car then continue with the performance aspect..
I have been looking at the MARS PERFORMANCE dealer website.. They got some good range but was just wondering if it is worth it buying from them.. I heard e few of my mates say that the products are not really genuine and they don't really last long..

If any1 could help me out.. Thanks guys..

Honda_FD
05-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Mars performance USED to be good. I bought my HID lights off them 3 years ago and one side has stopped working.
My Stepdad bought the Black housing Angel headlights with a HID kit for his accord. Cost us $90 per hour to install.
On top of that, They didnt even adjust the lights so it was blinding all the oncoming cars.
Few weeks later the plastic housing and the clear paint was starting to melt because of the
temperature of the lights.

At the end of the day. They just order cheap shit from Korea and sell them full price.
You can get better items for nearly the same price as them.

Red_H_badge
05-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Thanks Honda_FD i was so close to get the mugen rr bodykits fromthem but nuw i manage to find another website called CARID and they are giving me the complete GT front bumpers, rear bumpers, side skirts, mugen rear spoiler, N1 Catback exhaust, mugen vented carbon fibre hood.. all for just AUS$2890.00 including shipping..

Honda_FD
05-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks Honda_FD i was so close to get the mugen rr bodykits fromthem but nuw i manage to find another website called CARID and they are giving me the complete GT front bumpers, rear bumpers, side skirts, mugen rear spoiler, N1 Catback exhaust, mugen vented carbon fibre hood.. all for just AUS$2890.00 including shipping..

Woahhh... Not bad!

SharkChu
05-10-2013, 10:00 PM

Question, do US Civic accessories fit our cars? I've been looking at the website, but not sure how to filter it..

Honda_FD
05-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Question, do US Civic accessories fit our cars? I've been looking at the website, but not sure how to filter it..

Depends which part. Most engine and suspension part fits.
Just becareful if you're buying a bodykit. The US 8th Gen Civic has different headlights than ours

androo
06-10-2013, 01:53 AM
I bought from Mars before. I bought 2 sets of tail lights for my EG Civic hatch and my mates one. It took them so long to ship out the tailights for my then EG and once I received them, I found one of the sets were for a sedan (both ours were hatchbacks). It took forever for them to respond to each of my messages and when I called they didn't answer. They then stalled until past the Paypal dispute period.

In the end I got a partial refund. Not the outcome I wanted considering the amount of time wasted. To this day I still have these lights in my garage as a momento of Mars' customer service.

The other set went onto my friends car. I must say the fitment was perfect - On one side. The other side was so off that it made the car look like it was in a serious accident and was repaired wonky. It also needed to be resealed (didn't know until overnight the tail lights were filled with condensation so off it went yet again!

Waste of time and money.

Red_H_badge
06-10-2013, 01:54 AM

I thought the same thing, but then I e-mailed sum1 from the website and gave them the specs for my model and they said they have the body kits for both civic FD our model and the US model..

Red_H_badge
06-10-2013, 02:00 AM
I saw a set of RAYS VOLK TE37 wheels on MARS website just nuw.. It looked pretty damn awesome but then just for security reason I went to the RAYS website and saw the same model wheels and there were very small difference..

Spoke to a few of my mates who own TE37's and they said these could be replicas.. That explains the extremely cheap price, only $798 for all four wheels..

Honda_FD
06-10-2013, 11:51 AM
I saw a set of RAYS VOLK TE37 wheels on MARS website just nuw.. It looked pretty damn awesome but then just for security reason I went to the RAYS website and saw the same model wheels and there were very small difference..

Spoke to a few of my mates who own TE37's and they said these could be replicas.. That explains the extremely cheap price, only $798 for all four wheels..

For sure replicas.

Chernoby1
06-10-2013, 07:16 PM

from mars site:

Overview:
You are biding 4 x 16 Inch RAYS TE37 Style Matt Black Alloy Wheels Rims!

Note the word Style. They arent selling a fake, just a replica.