PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help about internet shopping!

EURO-R
01-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Two months ago i ordered 04 Accord(not euro) headlights for my family car from ebay and paid full price, but haven't received them. during these time, i send many letters to them but no response at all! anybody has good suggestion for me? thanks a lot!

yfin
01-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Speak to your bank about reversing transaction on your credit card.

cheerful_ppl
01-04-2005, 01:18 PM
I think ebay has some sort of insurance to protect buyer... worth to check it up.

Good luck!! :)

industrie
01-04-2005, 01:30 PM
did you check the details of the seller? if thats the case..you might have got owned..how did you pay? did you use third party transaction?? could be in some trouble here...dodgy ebay sellers..

57UDD
01-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Insurance only applies if you paid for it and if the seller offered it or not. If the insurance was offered and you paid for it, then it will cover stolen/lost and damaged goods through post. If you didnt pay for insurance you can still inform eBay, and notify them of your goods not being recieved.

And also like industrie said did you purchase through ebay or did you sort it out yourselves??

ahcash
01-04-2005, 02:10 PM
Don't even bother with the bank. I was in a similiar situation and they can't do jack...

Look up ebay for a customer protect claim form and fill that it, along with the proof of payment, Item details, send the forms in and let them do their work. You will probably get back 80% of what you paid for provided the claim is legidimate. They will credit into your paypal account...

This is if they haven't change the process from last year.. also, they are some terms and condition, e.g. Seller with positive rating etc.

Hope this help.

EURO-R
01-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Speak to your bank about reversing transaction on your credit card.

thanks. i will ask my bank first

EURO-R
01-04-2005, 03:14 PM
did you check the details of the seller? if thats the case..you might have got owned..how did you pay? did you use third party transaction?? could be in some trouble here...dodgy ebay sellers..

i paid using my cridit card through paypal.thx!

EURO-R
01-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Don't even bother with the bank. I was in a similiar situation and they can't do jack...

Look up ebay for a customer protect claim form and fill that it, along with the proof of payment, Item details, send the forms in and let them do their work. You will probably get back 80% of what you paid for provided the claim is legidimate. They will credit into your paypal account...

This is if they haven't change the process from last year.. also, they are some terms and condition, e.g. Seller with positive rating etc.

Hope this help.

did u get back 80% refund? did it work? if the seller insist that they already send the item, how ebay do next? thx!

bigdongers
01-04-2005, 04:07 PM
pay pal has protection up to $1500 but regular eBay is up to $300 I believe. But you pay $50 admin fee so it may or may not be worth the trouble.

dundas
01-04-2005, 04:07 PM
hahah, i waited 3 months for my item :)

aaronng
01-04-2005, 04:26 PM
I've dealt with eBay's customer protection on claims before. Here is what you have to do.
1) Try to contact the seller (which you have done). If there is no reply, open an eBay dispute (http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?InrCreateDispute) You might have to use Squaretrade's dispute settlement http://www.squaretrade.com/cnt/jsp/ (go to Dispute Resolution, File a case). This part is important, you need to file the case within a certain timeframe so that your fraud case will be valid.
Squaretrade will send an e-mail to the seller asking him to respond. If there is no response, then you go to the next step.

2) Dispute the charge through Paypal. If Paypal doesn't allow you to, then you do it through your bank that issued the credit card. If this fails, the bank/credit card will issue you a statement saying it is unable to dispute the charge on your card. This letter is important. You might be able to claim it though your credit card's purchase insurance if it is a new item. Try this out as you can get more of your money back than through eBay.

3) Now, you can go through eBay's buyer protection claims. You need to prove that you have exhausted all other avenues and you're using the buyer protection claim as a last resort. You need to have the Squaretrade number, your credit card company's letter saying they can't dispute the charge and the proof of payment.

They only refund you a max of AU$400, minus $25 processing fee, so that's $375 max that you will get back.

yfin
01-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Don't even bother with the bank.

Why? Whilst it can depends on the card - eg some gold cards offer better fraud protection - the banks will investigate fraudulent transactions.

Regardless of what you do re ebay and paypal - you still have an obligation to notify your bank of a possible fradulent transaction.

Peekay34
01-04-2005, 05:26 PM
hahah, i waited 3 months for my item :)

Really intelligent comment mate.. adds real value...

REV888
01-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Why? Whilst it can depends on the card - eg some gold cards offer better fraud protection - the banks will investigate fraudulent transactions.

Regardless of what you do re ebay and paypal - you still have an obligation to notify your bank of a possible fradulent transaction.

yfin is right.

I had 2 charges made to my personal amex card a year ago or so they were made in the cayman ilands! and charged to my paypal account

Never been there! after investigation they found the idiot and you can guess what happened next.

Got a full refund