PDA

View Full Version : Creaky clutch pedal

Sico
01-04-2005, 01:59 PM
i dont know where its comming from i think around the locknut i push the clutch down and when it hits a certain point it makes a crack noise, when the cars cold it doesnt do it for a while after about 10 min its there, ive been under the dash with the wd40..........but its still there i can hear it and feel it in my foot.....ive seen diagrams of the whole clutch pedal set up but i still doesnt help me.............:(

olda
01-04-2005, 02:13 PM
i dont know where its comming from i think around the locknut i push the clutch down and when it hits a certain point it makes a crack noise, when the cars cold it doesnt do it for a while after about 10 min its there, ive been under the dash with the wd40..........but its still there i can hear it and feel it in my foot.....ive seen diagrams of the whole clutch pedal set up but i still doesnt help me.............:(

Opt.1 Ignore it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:
Opt.2 Take it to a Honda dealer.
Could be in clutch master cylinder.
Good luck!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Yspool
01-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Yeah i have the same prob not to sure what it is either....

SINISTR
01-04-2005, 03:23 PM
hey Boyz - ive got thesame problem on my CRX... im thinking its the pressure plate for the clutch. I originally thought it was the pedal, then the cable (cable clutch) - replaced the cable and still there - so its gotta be in the Gbox - i recon a broken tooth on the pressure plate or something

Mike

BF
01-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Just check the master cylinder on the cabin and in the engine bay for leaking fluid... Mine squeeked for a while... one day i pressed the rubber grommet on the master cylinder (cabin side) and fluid started dripping out... I got a new one... dont want that failing while im driving...

If theres no leaks dont worry about it...

Jim80y
01-04-2005, 08:39 PM
It's the clutch pedal creak/click, common problem on Teggys. All you need to do is lube the shit out of the spring and pivot pin on the clutch pedal. I tried liquid grease before (you're supposed to use Urea grease) but I found that I can use molykote (that crap you put on the back of brake pads) as well.

bennjamin
01-04-2005, 10:25 PM
might be either the clutch slave cylinder , pivot springs running off the pedal or even the release bearign inside the pressure plate / clutch setup.

aaronng
01-04-2005, 11:20 PM
I had the same thing happen on my euro. If you feel the crack through your foot physically, then it is the master cylinder. I did the lube at the point where the rod goes into the master cylinder behind the pedal, but it came back after 1 month. Changed the master cylinder after that, been squeekand crack free for 4 months.

Sico
02-04-2005, 10:13 AM
thanks guys, i got under there again and lubed up one component at a time and i found that it is were the rod goes into the master cylinder as aaronng said

what is a master cylinder worth???

thanks again guys

BF
02-04-2005, 11:10 AM
I think they are around $50-$60

fly_vti
03-04-2005, 07:21 PM
man i test drove a civic a while ago when i was interested in getting one it was black. the clutch had that problem. pop ur bonnet and get someone to listen into the engine bay and see it its louder there if it is.. its the same as the civics problem. if it is what im talking about u need a whole new clutch replacemnet or the just some wd40 to get rid of the sqeeks lol :)

aaronng
04-04-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm pretty convinced that the creaky master cylinder is just a symptom of a bigger problem. I experienced grinds when shifting 1-2. Even after lubing, it would grind. After changing the master cylinder, the 1-2 shift is fine. I suspect that a creaky master cylinder gives less travel to disengage the clutch, thus will burn the clutch slowly as when you press the clutch pedal all the way down, it is still slightly engaged.

Here's a post from this thread (http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6578&highlight=clutch+wear) at tsx.acurazine.com.

Well they got back to me today. They said that the master cylinder (wtver that is) is the problem and that its what caused the clutch to wear so quickly. So they said they'd get a new master cylinder in there under warranty; but they will not replace the clutch even though the damage was due to the cylinder. they said the car will run fine and the clutch has enough life in it to be okay for a while; but its obvious that there is excessive wear on it due to teh cylinder.