PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Legend KA9 Issues

saifq
14-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Hey ozhonda

So i got my 1998 Honda Legend, had it inspected and serviced from hondworld in clayton, and they told me everything was in top notch condition! Am so loving it. I have however a couple of issues which they could not fix

1. The cruise control not engaging (once I hit the set button, light flashes in the instrument cluster for a second and then it goes away)

2. And my automatic courtesy dome lights and door lights are not working. (door lights arent working at all, the reading lights work once switches are depressed, the dome light works as well, but does not time out in auto mode)

can anybody shed some light on this?

Kind Regards

Saif

sensei_
14-10-2013, 06:48 PM
im not sure about the cruise control module so i wont comment there

as for your courtesy lights, i believe there is a control module located in the passenger footwell behind the carpets. this controls all your courtesy/door lighting. you will need to replace the whole module as it is not user serviceable. i am too lazy to fix mine (door light not working) so i cannot have the part # for that control module.

ECU-MAN
15-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Probably just a dry joint in the module, Take some pics of the PCB and post them here

saifq
21-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Probably just a dry joint in the module, Take some pics of the PCB and post them here

Many Thanks for the reply ECU-Man. I am a novice with this car, can you please direct me to the pcb? ill take the pics and post.

Kind Regards mate

ECU-MAN
21-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Sensei wrote "as for your courtesy lights, i believe there is a control module located in the passenger foot well behind the carpets"

I can say for sure but if you do find it then open it up and take close up photo's. a workshop manual would confirm its location

sensei_
21-10-2013, 08:08 PM
after you mention it, i might be tempted to go give it a shot. maybe during a long weekend ill give it a shot.

j.meng87
22-10-2013, 06:14 PM
you can try and diagnose the cruise control using a paper clip on the scs connector which should be under the passenger dash, it should be the blue? 2 pin plug. download a workshop manual from pdftown if you dont have one. Search for Acura 35RL

pnb
23-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Can anyone help me locate the "fan control module" on the Australian KA9 Legend?
I have a US manual and the manual indicates it is mounted under this carpet behind the kick panel on the passenger side right next to the ECU..... but it appears this is not the case on the Australian models. The connector there is taped off to the RHS ECU harness at the factory. Had a look under the drivers side dash and cannot spot it. Does not appear to be on Passenger sidewall either - Just ABS and Powertrain modules there.

I have an issue where my fans are no longer coming on after I stop the engine when it is steaming hot and it is either the radiator sensor or the timer. Thought I would check the timer (fan control module) circuit first as it is supposedly easier to get to........ if you can find it!

BroadAuto
09-06-2015, 12:22 PM
Hi there,
I have a 98 Honda Legend (KA9). Its got a few issues that im trying to sort out.

1. No Speedometer(Tacho and all other gauges work fine) I was told that its the VSS (so i have replaced the VSS), only to have no luck.

2. The Engine light and the TCS light stay on once the car is started..?? Any clues?

Ive got the workshop manual for my car but it doesnt provide much in the way of help. Im running out of options.

ECU-MAN
09-06-2015, 01:13 PM
Don't take this the wrong way but the service manual is the bible for problems. If it is not much help then you are not following it correctly, dismissing the tests its asking you to do or looking in the wrong section.

I would start with testing the VSS signal at the PGMFI ECU and the cluster.

Reading the fault codes from the PGMFI ECU is also a good idea.