PDA

View Full Version : Need new clutch

Integra
01-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Just found out this morning from a machanic, he said my clutch is gona and i need to replace a new one.

Im looking for a heavy duty clutch with a lightened flywheel, how much are they worth?

Does anyone know any places i could get this in melbourne?
thank you

lerroy
01-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Just found out this morning from a machanic, he said my clutch is gona and i need to replace a new one.

Im looking for a heavy duty clutch with a lightened flywheel, how much are they worth?

Does anyone know any places i could get this in melbourne?
thank you

I would have said msg Toda_AU from Advan performance in sydney but your in melbourne.

I was also told the same thing but my bearings are shoot so i thought while they are down there do the clutch and fly.

I was gonna go Toda lightweight flywheel and Exedy Sports clutch installed i was quoted $1500 all new bearings etc...

Which i will be doing as soon as i get the money together Toda_AU heheh :P

so that gives you an idea good luck

quangsta
01-04-2005, 06:34 PM
was that $1500 for all new bearing alone? or was tha including flywheel and clutch?

Integra
01-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Help please.. i need some advice asap because ill be getting it in a few days!

87teg
01-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Check out a company called BGT Brake and Clutch in Hawthorn, they stock pads, clutches and other items to do with brakes and clutches. I got a brass button clutch with pressure plate and pressure bearing plus flywheel resurfaced for ~$400. :honda:

Integra
01-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Can anyone suggest a good place to buy heavy duty clutches around S.E Melbourne..
Im looking for a heavy duty clutch with a lighted flywheel my budget around $1000
i really need to replace my clutch i cant even rev over 4000rpm :(

edw-R
02-04-2005, 12:49 AM
which model of your ccar??

mr crex
02-04-2005, 03:22 AM
if you have a typeR ... I'd suggest just getting a OEM typeR clutch kit... I love the grip of standard typeR clutch.

Savant
02-04-2005, 09:57 AM
lilydale brake and clutch

Integra
02-04-2005, 01:10 PM
which model of your ccar??

95 Integra VTiR

Integra
03-04-2005, 09:01 PM
bump!

still looking for place that installs a Exedy heavy duty clutch for 95 integra..

BLKCRX
03-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Talk to RazzTech Performace or Genesis Racing, both of them can supply and fit almost any clutch on any honda ;)

Regards James

kenshin
03-04-2005, 10:41 PM
genesis racing is abit pricey thou...

Integra
03-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Where abouts is this place "RazzTech Performace + genesis racing" do they have a website?
oh bty my budget is under 1k

BLKCRX
03-04-2005, 11:00 PM
http://www.genesisracing.com.au/ (http://www.genesisracing.com.au/)

Above is there website.. .meh at things being pricy. quality is always Pricy if you want the job done correctly by professionals, quality always costs money.

Regards James

Integra
03-04-2005, 11:12 PM
i might check out this place 2moro..
any other suggestions where to get exedy clutch kits installed?

tegstar83
04-04-2005, 12:00 AM
Yeah I got my clutch replaced on my teg at Gennessis.
cost me $800 all up including a heavy duty X-treme clutch so it was not bad.
Havent had any problems with the install at all and have had it for at least 6or 7 months and I thrash.
But beware and ask them what the total price including GST is. ( they failed to omit this to me and it cost more than I had budgeted for) But the work was god nonetheless

Integra
04-04-2005, 12:05 AM
Yeah I got my clutch replaced on my teg at Gennessis.
cost me $800 all up including a heavy duty X-treme clutch so it was not bad.
Havent had any problems with the install at all and have had it for at least 6or 7 months and I thrash.
But beware and ask them what the total price including GST is. ( they failed to omit this to me and it cost more than I had budgeted for) But the work was god nonetheless

that sounds good!

tegstar83
04-04-2005, 01:45 AM
Yeah but the only reason it didnt cost me a grand is b/c I went and shopped for the parts and found an Exedy clutch for cheap (new) but it was gonna take 4 weeks to get here and my car was farked now so I desperatly needed it. I had talked to genesis about the clutch and told them the price and the situation and they didnt believe me on the priceobiously b/c they want to make mone on the parts as well as weel as labour later they told me the could get the equivilant part for around the same amount in a couple of days so I took it cause I needed it.

So for me it may have just been a one off as Im a major tight ass (maybe Im part Jew???) and shop around b4 putting my cash down. So just take my price as a rough estimate.

mr crex
04-04-2005, 01:46 AM
xtreme heavy duty is a decent clutch, friend has a XTreme HD on his crx... he finds it perfect for his daily driving etc, not too hard not too soft.

I went through 3 XTreme clutches on my old crx, one Semi-Heavy Duty (just HD casing) was like standard, 5puk Race clutch on the Y1 gearbox (was really grippy), then had a custom 6puk clutch made for the YS1 gearbox (was lil softer then 5puk) but these were way too harsh for daily driving.

you will find a HD clutch is your best bet if you want something with more bite over standard, yet still be street drivable.

Integra
04-04-2005, 01:47 AM
Yeah but the only reason it didnt cost me a grand is b/c I went and shopped for the parts and found an Exedy clutch for cheap (new) but it was gonna take 4 weeks to get here and my car was farked now so I desperatly needed it. I had talked to genesis about the clutch and told them the price and the situation and they didnt believe me on the priceobiously b/c they want to make mone on the parts as well as weel as labour later they told me the could get the equivilant part for around the same amount in a couple of days so I took it cause I needed it.

So for me it may have just been a one off as Im a major tight ass (maybe Im part Jew???) and shop around b4 putting my cash down. So just take my price as a rough estimate.

oh ic.. what is the other shop you were about to get the exedy clutch from and how much?
how many days/weeks did it take to get the clutch installed from genesis?

tegstar83
04-04-2005, 02:33 AM
xtreme heavy duty is a decent clutch, friend has a XTreme HD on his crx... he finds it perfect for his daily driving etc, not too hard not too soft.

I went through 3 XTreme clutches on my old crx, one Semi-Heavy Duty (just HD casing) was like standard, 5puk Race clutch on the Y1 gearbox (was really grippy), then had a custom 6puk clutch made for the YS1 gearbox (was lil softer then 5puk) but these were way too harsh for daily driving.

you will find a HD clutch is your best bet if you want something with more bite over standard, yet still be street drivable.

Yeah its a pretty mad clutch for the money and Ive burnt off a bit off it a few times and its still fine. And ye pretty streetable still. But if ur in peak hour traffic thats alot of stop start for over an hour ur left leg kills. :D

tegstar83
04-04-2005, 02:48 AM
oh ic.. what is the other shop you were about to get the exedy clutch from and how much?
how many days/weeks did it take to get the clutch installed from genesis?

The other shop was some clutch and brake shop in Ringwood I cant remember the name but look in the yellow pages. I think it was something like $380.

Originaly Genesis said like a day and max two but I didnt get my car back until 5 days after well like 3 if u dont include the weekend cause it went in on Thursday morning

Integra
04-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Went to n1 distribution and they are getting me a Exedy heavy duty clutch for 600, installation 400.

also went to Honda dealer on princess hwy oakliegh, original standard clutch $450 installation $600 damn rip off and they said had to wait till 15 of april till they can install it.