Surrufus
01-04-2005, 05:39 PM
something is making a clicking sound when i turn my aircon on
the higher the aircon the louder the clicking
it seems to be comming from near the glove box
PLEASE HELP

Zdster
01-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Mine has done that in the past. Turned out to be leaves in the airbox I think. Got the dealership to clean it out when I went in for a service. Might be the same problem that you are having?

hoonda
01-04-2005, 06:36 PM
sounds like leaves in the ducting. play around with it everytime you drive (like turn fan on full ball, then off, then on full again), and it might blow it free. if not, ignore it, or if it bothers you too much, get it cleaned out :)

Waggy
01-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Yep, mine used to hum like a vacuum cleaner when I bought it (from the glove box area) and that was leaves as well. Get your dealership to pull the dash out and clean it out (it might also be the gauss on the inside).

Uncouth
12-04-2005, 03:59 PM
something is making a clicking sound when i turn my aircon on
the higher the aircon the louder the clicking
it seems to be comming from near the glove box
PLEASE HELP

is the clicking sound just once or continoous?? if once i guess its nothing serious but if its a continous clicking, it could be the air con compressor... mine has the same problem. cost 400+ to recon it or 1k+ to change a new one. but if the aircon belt is running in place ie straight then u do not have to worry. just the noise. was told that most old civics will get the sound.

Surrufus
12-04-2005, 11:37 PM
its a continuous clicking sound

Uncouth
13-04-2005, 12:26 AM
i had this problem once. it was because the aircon belt is loose due to the circular that it runs around is crooked. had it changed and the noise was fixed. luckily, it was only the clutch of the air con compresor or else it is gonna cost me heaps... and by the way, for my case, the noise comes whether or not my aircon is on... its just louder if i had my aircon on.

hope that helps. :)