PDA

View Full Version : PLM Headers for EP3R - Thoughts/Opinions

SHRUKA
24-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Has anyone tried running PLM Power Driven K-Series Header for EP3R?

How do they feel and sound?

Currently deciding whether to purchase them.

Share me your thoughts and opinions!

PHOTO:

Azz86
26-10-2013, 02:48 PM
I installed PLM headers recently. Already had a Fujisubo exhaust and Gruppe M intake.

It is fairly quiet. The biggest difference is you can hear a hissing sound through the header. Sounds kind of like a leak but it's not.

A power increase is noticeable but not huge. The increase seems larger at lower revs.

I haven't installed a cat yet. No CEL has come up despite what you might read. The car just smells bad.

Worth it in my opinion. Really depends where you are up to with your build though.

SHRUKA
26-10-2013, 04:24 PM
I installed PLM headers recently. Already had a Fujisubo exhaust and Gruppe M intake.

It is fairly quiet. The biggest difference is you can hear a hissing sound through the header. Sounds kind of like a leak but it's not.

A power increase is noticeable but not huge. The increase seems larger at lower revs.

I haven't installed a cat yet. No CEL has come up despite what you might read. The car just smells bad.

Worth it in my opinion. Really depends where you are up to with your build though.

Sounds worth the buck but giving off a bad smell? That must suck.

Im running J's Racing dolphin tip + Buddyclub Spec III b-pipe.

Waiting on my INJEN CAI to arrive and install that.

And now Im looking at PLM headers as I heard it goes well and is at my budget.

But still searching for some reviews and feedbacks before I make my final decision.

Mikeyy168
26-10-2013, 05:22 PM
I've had them in for a while now with an x-force 100 CEL cat+ fujitsubo rm01a and a Gruppe m intake. Sounds awesome together. No smell. Probably just the coat burning that's causing the smell. Goes away after a bit...

Power is noticable and that hissing sound is awesome =]

Azz86
26-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Should have mentioned the smell is from not running a cat. Will be getting the xforce cat when I get some time.

SHRUKA
26-10-2013, 06:21 PM
I've had them in for a while now with an x-force 100 CEL cat+ fujitsubo rm01a and a Gruppe m intake. Sounds awesome together. No smell. Probably just the coat burning that's causing the smell. Goes away after a bit...

Power is noticable and that hissing sound is awesome =]

You guys are running the same set up :)

I wouldnt have a problem running PLM headers with my set up right?

u mad?
26-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Why are you guys buying 1000 intakes yet buy a cheap mediocre header? (at gruppm guys)

Azz86
26-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Why are you guys buying 1000 intakes yet buy a cheap mediocre header? (at gruppm guys)

Haha. Good point. Mediocre in terms of build quality or actual performance though? Could have paid double for a Toda system but it didn't look much different. The PLM header gets pretty great reviews. Didn't see the point in spending the extra $$

charliebrown
26-10-2013, 08:02 PM

gruppe m intake probably more mediocre than PLM headers... doesnt even fit properly or the right colour

u mad?
26-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Haha. Good point. Mediocre in terms of build quality or actual performance though? Could have paid double for a Toda system but it didn't look much different. The PLM header gets pretty great reviews. Didn't see the point in spending the extra $$
But the same could be said for say, buying a gruppm over an injen?

gruppe m intake probably more mediocre than PLM headers... doesnt even fit properly or the right colourIn what way didb't it fit? Has anyone else had this issue?

Azz86
26-10-2013, 08:36 PM
gruppe m intake probably more mediocre than PLM headers... doesnt even fit properly or the right colour

You need to install the Gruppe M into the standard top cowl. You can cut a section out of it so that it fits through. No more vibration and no more mismatched colour.

But the same could be said for say, buying a gruppm over an injen?

Gruppe M is special over an Injen though. The intake method is completely different. Also I have a confession. The previous owner installed the Gruppe M ;)

charliebrown
26-10-2013, 09:01 PM
In what way didb't it fit? Has anyone else had this issue?

supplied scoop has to be filed down in most cases so it doesn't rub against bonnet when you open/close. cowl top is gloss black, doesn't have mount thing for weather shield either

and i know others have also had to stick padding on two spots on the cf, as it was rubbing against 1) screw from the heat shield and 2) underside of hood.

dnapol
27-10-2013, 12:33 AM
I rate the PLM, have in my EP3. Made good power after tune

amant02
27-10-2013, 05:54 AM
Lol, people here actually compared PLM to Toda's.

My DC5R has PLM Headers and rm10a. Sounds really nice. Just make sure you dont jew on the installation and go to a race exhaust shop. (God i've made that mistake)

The hiss sounds good too, really good low end saving at the pump.

Toda will always outperform PLM

doosra
30-10-2013, 03:15 PM
i've got PLM headers.. not sure how much difference it made because i had it installed altogether at the same time as my tegiwa exhaust and 100cell cat.. i haven't actually noticed the hissing sound.. but overall, sounds pretty good.

EG5
01-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Toda will always outperform PLM

PLM DC5/EP3 header is replica of Sixsigmaracing/DTR header.
Over 10 years in custom fabrication business in USA.
Dyno proven design.

SHRUKA
12-11-2013, 05:29 PM
What cat do you guys suggest? or is the PLM test pipe good enough? I see many people going with the 100 cell-cat

u mad?
12-11-2013, 05:55 PM
What cat do you guys suggest? or is the PLM test pipe good enough? I see many people going with the 100 cell-cat

They only do that for legality issues

If you don't care, test pipe is fine

Mikeyy168
19-11-2013, 11:10 PM
^ what he said

SHRUKA
19-11-2013, 11:48 PM
They only do that for legality issues

If you don't care, test pipe is fine

Does it affect performance in anyway?

Mikeyy168
19-11-2013, 11:53 PM
Test pipe = straight pipe/no restriction
100 CEL cat = slight air flow restriction

Basically no filter to reduce emissions.

Ep3r_
26-11-2013, 10:48 PM
does any1 have the plm headers touching their sway bar?

Mikeyy168
26-11-2013, 10:48 PM
It knocks.

Just get stiffer mounts and you'll be sweet