PDA

View Full Version : att NSW S2K OWNERS -AGI ENGINEERING BOLT IN CAGES

philipminge
27-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Hey guys. Looking for someone to volunteer their s2k in Sydney for AGI ENGINEERING to make a half cage for the s2000.

Would anyone be willing to leave their car for one week at the engineering place for them to take measurements and build a half cage for the s2k.

I'm trying to work out a deal for the volunteer like a half price cage or whatever... Maybe even better. I don't know.

The place is in Peakhurst, NSW,
No damage to the car will be done. And we want one made that fits all the stock stuff back in. So put ur hands up, don't be shy.

Pm me if interested.
Cheers guys.

philipminge
27-10-2013, 01:13 PM
anyone? lol

RenzokukenJ
27-10-2013, 03:35 PM
What about your car? ;)

thanhphong1109
27-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Lol He is in Melbourne. Phil, How much the cage gonna cost you? as you could by a cusco 4 point for about 1k

philipminge
28-10-2013, 07:53 AM
its well under 1k for a 4pt cage and they are FIA/CAMS approved.

a cusco cage i believe is nothing of the above. lol.

i think they rage from 650 - 1000 depending on what u want - harness bar etc.

but they look pretty bloody amazing to be honest for that price.

just need some full blown mad bloke to give up their 2k for a week.

i would do it in a heart beat if i was in sydney but im from melb.

who doesnt want a half cage???? common boyz.

lol

thanhphong1109
28-10-2013, 08:52 AM
Hey try Fabraications Rollcages

Phones (03) 9587 7772
Address 19 Citrus Street
Braeside, VIC, Australia 3195
Website http://www.rollcages.com.au

As they r in melbourne. I am not sure about FIA but they do make CAMS approved cage and powder coating

VTI-RRR
28-10-2013, 10:18 PM
Hey phil I spoke to a cage builder in melb to build me a cams spec 4 point he said that from next year all cams spec cages have to be fully welded in no more bolt on's will pass cams spec.

philipminge
29-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Ballzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz

philipminge
29-10-2013, 08:35 AM
think im just going to get one welded in. no choice.

shattered! Will be just welding in a 4 point. no other way really

daevilone
29-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Current CAMS regs have no mention of that? There are specific sections for removable members and allowances. Also, the regs for roll cages are only for the date you had the cage complied.

So, whatever the regs say when the roll cage is complied are the regs that roll cage has to apply to. The bigger concern I would have with getting a cage complied is that the bottom of the top member must be 50mm above the top of the helmet. In most convertibles (certainly MX5's) this is pretty well impossible.

Phil - presumably you are looking at a standard half cage like all the guys in the US get?

I'd potentially be interested in getting a half cage though. Are there further details of what you would like to achieve? Or what sort of cage they will build? If they could build a cage that replaced the factory roll hoops and was CAMS approved for a very good price I might be interested... especially if there is a deal in it lol...

philipminge
29-10-2013, 10:09 AM
hey man, im pickin up what your putting down.
all sounds good and well but these guys i believe will decide what to do when the car is there.
IDEALLY would be sick if they had a bar running through where the factory roll bars go - but on the other had i REALLY not fussed if they made a cage that was just a 4pt cage out of chromolly and was bolted in like the HARD DOG cages and was neat and tidy! that all im really after!

something tidy with harness bar.

http://www.agi-precision.com.au/roll-cage/

there is the link for these guys site but im doing it through Tunerwarehouse.

at the end of the day, i cannot make a cage that complies with every bloody event. i just want something to mount my 6pt harness too and that will improve my chance of survival if i happened to flip the b**ch.

yes a standard cage with harness bar like the blokes from the us is really what im after. i just wish i lived in sydney then i would take my car but yeh.

if your interested man, i can get the guy at tunerwarehouse to contact you and make you an offer... lol c if there is any benefit in it for u.

i dont care if mine is welded or bolted to be honest. as long as it fits with a hardtop im cool.

let me know

VTI-RRR
30-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Daevilone the cams regs wont have anything about it but the word is that from next year not sure when next year they will have to be welded in. Im still going to get a 4 point built with harness bar to suit a hardtop.

philipminge
30-10-2013, 10:58 AM
so.... lol anyone?

sae
05-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Provide further details on what's in for the donor. I may consider, lmk

philipminge
05-11-2013, 03:02 PM
OK I will find out tomorrow.