PDA

View Full Version : 5th gen parking light problems

viperx
02-04-2005, 01:37 AM
Ok I got two strange problems

The front right park light (the lights which go on with the first click of the lights, before the main headlights come on) started being a bit intemittent, sometimes when I have the headlights on it would be on, other times it would be off. doesn't seem related to anything- weather, rain etc. then it died totally. 3 weeks later the left one died as well. I checked the car for voltage stability- there's no problem, the regulator's working well. all the other lights are functional. there are no changes to the electrical systems (except a set of PIAA headlight globes which are supposed to be the normal wattage)

??? why would I blow two of the same lights within the space of 3 weeks??

secondly, I followed the instructions to take the parker assembly off- take the top screw off and pull forward. no luck on both sides- they're stuck. is there something i'm missing? or is the user manual wrong??

any help appreciated guys. cheers

dundas
02-04-2005, 01:43 AM
umm to take the parker off.. u need to kinda slot a screw driver inside (need diagram sorry) and kinda unclip the parker assembly off. if not-- u will need to go the lonG way.. take off the wheel arch protector thingy and go from the back.... yup das all from me :) good luck mate,..

ps, if u look where the screw is.. look down into the bottom of the assembly more.. that is where u will find ur answer.. not super obvious, but it is there.

Spoon-Accord
02-04-2005, 02:09 AM
the stock parker is hard to remove..

remove that one screw.. get a long as flathead screwdriver.. and force the parker assembly out towards the front of car..

also.. did u install any gauges?? or EL gauges for dash?? anything relating to when u turn ur parkers on?

Kenny

Dominik
02-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Mine were both gone when i bought my car so perhaps there is something in the wiring that makes the other one blow when one does. Looked like a bitch to change too - my mechanic did it for me when i was getting a pink slip. He had to go in via the wheel arch...

Calvo
02-04-2005, 11:06 AM
i tried following the way the manual tells u too change it, and it just smashed the plastic lense appart wen i tried prying it out.

i guess its coz its all been worn out and is very weak, i ended up stopping coz i didnt wanna break the bloody thing.

viperx
02-04-2005, 11:29 AM
the stock parker is hard to remove..

remove that one screw.. get a long as flathead screwdriver.. and force the parker assembly out towards the front of car..

also.. did u install any gauges?? or EL gauges for dash?? anything relating to when u turn ur parkers on?

Kenny

nah mate, haven't installed any gauges or el things. thats why i thought it was strange. hmm i wonder wether it is worth it then... can you get to the parkers via the wheel arch dundas/dominik? i took the bottom half of my air filter out and stuck my hand into the inner guard that way and there seemed to be some metal plate behind the parker...

Spoon-Accord
02-04-2005, 12:40 PM
nah no metal plate..

its just that the parker has a weird arse clip which takes ages to pull out. just enough force and it will come out.. if u were in melb.. i'd help u take it out..

also the parkers.. if u put like condoms over it. or those hyper white ones by philips they burn out too like mine for some stupid reason

Just buy LED ones.. Last long and looks good :D

Kenny

viperx
02-04-2005, 12:48 PM
nah man, I neva changed my parkers!! they've been running since the car was bought!!

raziel
02-04-2005, 06:39 PM
they are a bugger of a thing to get out - I thought i broke the light when it finally came out (using the screwdriver trick) but they were just tightly held in there ... i now run narva led parkers so i don't have to change them again :mad:

poid
02-04-2005, 08:59 PM
yeh i went in through the wheel arch when i changed mine as well. They didnt blow though, they were just a very poor orange colour so had to go :)

viperx
03-04-2005, 01:54 AM
yeah i just changed mine by removing the wheel arch covers today. i wanted the led ones but couldn't find any today so I just went with standard bulbs.... cheers all for your help/