PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider buying a car on revs?

adu
31-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Just wanting people's opinion

There is a car I'm interested in buying but the ONLY downfall towards the car is that it's on revs 8 years ago.

Car is all fixed up properly and resprayed.

The seller wants more than the average for the car.

Generally you can pick up the car for $4000-$6000.

But this car is absolutely immaculately and ready to go ONCE purchased. This car which on revs wants $7000-$8000.

HELP!!!

lolmclol
31-10-2013, 01:01 AM
Normally there are issues in terms of finance and insurance with REVs listed cars, but that was just what I saw when a friend tried to buy one.

muzukashi
31-10-2013, 06:15 AM
Generally if any car is on revs it would usually raise red flags pretty damn quick regardless.

I'd never personally buy a car on REVS that's on there caused by a previous crash history.

EKVTIR-T
31-10-2013, 06:48 AM
Would not buy

you always have that knowledge youre driving a tainted car,plus in this case you might even pay more than average price

pretty easy choice..

adu
31-10-2013, 01:24 PM
do you need to notify your insurer?

really?

thanks for the replies

Baby Face
01-11-2013, 12:02 PM
how do you know how properly its fixed?
how do you know how much it was damaged?

its one thing if he scraped a bumper, but how do you know he didnt have a front end prang which has squished the front in by a few mm in one side, are you going to measure every aspect of the car to make sure its the same? check every bit of chassis to make sure it has not wrinkles no bends and even dimensions.

dougie_504
01-11-2013, 01:07 PM
WHY is it on REVS?

Generally no, it's a red flag for me, and I sure as sh!t wouldn't be paying above average for one. If it's mint he'd still be lucky to get regular price for his car, otherwise he's dreaming.