PDA

View Full Version : NSW Did I get flashed for doing nothing wrong?!

stevo1210
02-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Hi everyone,

Currently typing this in the car right after driving through an intersection where the damn safety camera flashed or so I think anyway because I saw a quick glare in front (camera behind).
Intersection is Parramatta rd and M4 entry at Granville heading towards Parramatta.
Okay so I was driving in the middle lane, this lane allows you to go straight or turn right, so you have two options. I went straight as i wanted to go to Parramatta. I went through and as I said... Saw something glare.
Looked up at my speedo and it said 57kmh so i wasnt speeding, corner or my eye, the green light to go straight was green, so once again nothing wrong.
Turned into Trivett honda and had a quick think... Wait a minute, could the turn right light be red when i went straight?
But i was going straight and the arrow on the ground even points straight and right (middle lane).
Walk back to the intersection to work thigs out and sure enough saw another car go straight in the middle lane when the red turn right arrow was red and the go straight light was green, two flashes I saw.
So the lanes work like this... 3 lanes.
Far left is just go straight, center is straight OR turn right, right most lane to turn right obviously. All are arrowed on the ground as well.

So say I get sent a fine, am i in the right or the wrong? According to the road rules handbook, I can go in the direction of the arrows... in which I did!

EKVTIR-T
02-11-2013, 11:11 AM
maybe it was the reflective glare from someones illest FUNCTION7 rear setup

http://s7.postimg.org/jn8zrkkiv/ralph_wiggum_for_president.gif

Renaissance_x
02-11-2013, 11:14 AM
The big ass chrome bumpers on a 1950's cadillac or a hudson would cause way more glare than anyones f7 setup.

bennjamin
02-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Mate how the crap will anyone here be able to tell you?
Wait until (if) you get the fine, ask for the recorded image - think about it , then contest it if you must. It will cost more than the fine to prove it wrong though IMO

stevo1210
02-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Mate how the crap will anyone here be able to tell you?
Wait until (if) you get the fine, ask for the recorded image - think about it , then contest it if you must. It will cost more than the fine to prove it wrong though IMO

Just wanted some advice in regards to the lane situation (stright and turn right lane) but got that sorted out on another forum, seems like I am not the only one at that intersection. Apparently someone at the SDRO processes the pictures and lets you go if you go straight when green and the turn right light is red since it is a duality lane and the sensor can't tell if you have either turned right or gone straight hence setting off the flash.

as I said above, I'm not even sure if I got flashed, just saw like a very quick one sudden bright strike i might say as I was approaching the other side of the intersection... might be a car or building across the road as the others suggested even cause the sun was shining in my face kinda.

Anyway, does it really cost more to contest a ticket? :O

bennjamin
02-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Anyway, does it really cost more to contest a ticket? :O

Yeah - the legal fees involved to correctly prove your case. You wouldn't represent yourself !

DreadAngel
03-11-2013, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't worry too much, you sound like you did nothing wrong, more likely someone else got flashed for doing something wrong and you just got caught up in it, happens all the time.

Stevil
06-11-2013, 04:18 PM
I see camera flashes all the time, dont know whats up, but I've been flashed heaps and am yet to receive a fine so I wouldnt be too stresed at this stage

benjammmin I've represented myself on 3 occasions and beaten charges every time, not refering to redlight camera's, system is easy to beat, but its waste your time. Balance your time versus the fine. Solicitors rarely get a better result than the unrepresented, they do get preferential treatment in the order of cases, meaning unrepresented get seen at the end of the day.

bennjamin
06-11-2013, 06:12 PM
I see camera flashes all the time, dont know whats up, but I've been flashed heaps and am yet to receive a fine so I wouldnt be too stresed at this stage

benjammmin I've represented myself on 3 occasions and beaten charges every time, not refering to redlight camera's, system is easy to beat, but its waste your time. Balance your time versus the fine. Solicitors rarely get a better result than the unrepresented, they do get preferential treatment in the order of cases, meaning unrepresented get seen at the end of the day.

Interesting , great to see you went through the whole situation yourself. Why did you choose to represent yourself though ? You clearly were innocent or ?

Stevil
06-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Bullshit charges that couldn't be sustained without the charging officers presence at the court. Charging officers that don't show up to court makes a police prosecutors job difficult.

lolmclol
07-11-2013, 02:43 PM
did the charging officer conveniently get a flat tyre?

http://i.imgur.com/HqQLNKO.jpg

joyride
09-11-2013, 11:42 AM
1 flash isnt a fine, 2 flashes is.

Grayfox
10-11-2013, 09:08 PM
1 flash isnt a fine, 2 flashes is.

I know red light cameras flash 2 times to compare.
Dont know about speed cameras.