PDA

View Full Version : facelift CU2 headlights

fillit
03-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Could anyone tell me if these are DRLs? (Daylight Running Lamps).

I assume the housing is the same so it should be interchangeable with PFL, are there any additional electrics I would need for the swap?

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7368/7p29.jpg

I CU2
03-11-2013, 09:34 PM
They aren't DRL's. It's a blue tinted bar lol. Someone has installed these on their pre-facelift CU2, I forgot his username on this site though - white modulo kit if I recall correctly.

How much are they?

fillit
03-11-2013, 10:36 PM
They aren't DRL's. It's a blue tinted bar lol. Someone has installed these on their pre-facelift CU2, I forgot his username on this site though - white modulo kit if I recall correctly.

How much are they?

Oh, what's the point/purpose of it?

Are you referring to the guy with the modulo kit on bags?

I CU2
03-11-2013, 10:57 PM
Nope, that's not him! I can't remember maybe it was 1six8 or something - he had the clear lens ones found on the Luxury and then he switched to the ones pictured.

It's just the design but it gains Bi-Xenon over the regular Xenon headlights.

If you could get them for a good price, I'd buy them. Here's an old thread where we had a chat about them: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?151979-2012-Accord-Euro&

EDIT: I think it was 1six8 who has them?

EDITEDIT: I was wrong, the blue bar is the parking light.

fillit
03-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Nope, that's not him! I can't remember maybe it was 1six8 or something - he had the clear lens ones found on the Luxury and then he switched to the ones pictured.

It's just the design but it gains Bi-Xenon over the regular Xenon headlights.

If you could get them for a good price, I'd buy them. Here's an old thread where we had a chat about them: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?151979-2012-Accord-Euro&

EDIT: I think it was 1six8 who has them?

EDITEDIT: I was wrong, the blue bar is the parking light.

Hey mate, I just got the pic off carsales, and wondering if it's worth while looking for a pair - from what I'm reading, probably not.

Could you please elaborate the purpose of the blue bar/parking light?

I CU2
04-11-2013, 12:31 AM
It replaces the little T10 bulb in the high beam reflector that's on the pre-facelift headlights. I'm not sure how visible it is though - maybe you can put a LED in there to be a DRL?

fillit
04-11-2013, 12:57 AM
It replaces the little T10 bulb in the high beam reflector that's on the pre-facelift headlights. I'm not sure how visible it is though - maybe you can put a LED in there to be a DRL?

oh parkers, got you.. yeah.. might be more cost efficient to wire up some LEDs instead lol

kera_1
04-11-2013, 03:57 PM
I have them....
Installed led T10 when I picked it up last year.
Only available on Lux Navi model

I CU2
04-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Can you show us pictures with just the parkers on?

kera_1
12-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Sure thing, sorry about the late reply. Will do when I get home :)