PDA

View Full Version : DC2R Front swaybar on ek/ej/em chassis?

mugen_ctr
05-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Sup guys been wanting to upgrade my front swaybar for awhile now but never bothered with it due to needing to pull out half the front end, but with the need to swap out all my LCA to change bushings, figured now is the best time to do it....

Ok so with regards to the LCA, my car runs a 2 piece LCA, much like an eg, and the end links are similar to Eg's, but what i want to know is if i fit a 26mm dc2r front sway bar, will it hit anything? such as the exhaust or the body itself?

cheers

dorikin
05-11-2013, 01:10 PM
There's no 26mm swaybar for DC2R
Only 24mm audm or 25mm jdm

Only EJ8 uses 2 piece lca out of the 96-00 civic series. EK and EM use 1 piece lca with matching swaybar

EJ8 EG DC2 all share the 2 piece front lca and therefore also have the same design front swaybar

Can't answer your question about clearance but ej8 already has 22mm so can't imagine any issues upgrading 2-3mm

mattsrea
05-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Sorry to side track abit but what!? Does this mean an em1/ek4 front sway bar won't fit onto the EJ8s? :O

mugen_ctr
05-11-2013, 07:34 PM
There's no 26mm swaybar for DC2R
Only 24mm audm or 25mm jdm

Only EJ8 uses 2 piece lca out of the 96-00 civic series. EK and EM use 1 piece lca with matching swaybar

EJ8 EG DC2 all share the 2 piece front lca and therefore also have the same design front swaybar

Can't answer your question about clearance but ej8 already has 22mm so can't imagine any issues upgrading 2-3mm

cheers man, im well aware of the LCA and the links, just needed confirmations with using one on my car, an i dont plan on using a oem bar, going aftermarket 26mm

Sorry to side track abit but what!? Does this mean an em1/ek4 front sway bar won't fit onto the EJ8s? :O

it fits man, but i just think its pointless having to need to buy ek4/em parts if dc/eg swaybar will work on ours as than we dont needa buy the ek4 lca, sway and fork.

dorikin
05-11-2013, 07:42 PM

Correct its not a direct fit. To get it on properly you'll need to change to EK/EM LCA's and forks.
The bends in the swaybar are different enough to cause clearance issues with the LCA, not to mention the ends of the swaybar are also pointed at a different angle

There is a retrofit available but I don't recommend it. Some have used Prelude end links (L shaped) to get it to work. These end links are a little taller than DC2R endlinks providing more clearance from the LCA. However this changes the factory position of the swaybar, theoretically tilting it back more.. Also puts more stress on the endlinks and who knows what other negative effects

dorikin
05-11-2013, 07:51 PM
cheers man, im well aware of the LCA and the links, just needed confirmations with using one on my car, an i dont plan on using a oem bar, going aftermarket 26mm

To confirm any clearance issues all u really need to do is get under your car and see if there's 2mm clearance on either side of the swaybar with the suspension compressed and then without

mattsrea
05-11-2013, 08:14 PM
it fits man, but i just think its pointless having to need to buy ek4/em parts if dc/eg swaybar will work on ours as than we dont needa buy the ek4 lca, sway and fork.
I didn't know bro! I thought they were all the same!
Does the EM1 RSB fit on EJ8s without modification?

Correct its not a direct fit. To get it on properly you'll need to change to EK/EM LCA's and forks.
The bends in the swaybar are different enough to cause clearance issues with the LCA, not to mention the ends of the swaybar are also pointed at a different angle

There is a retrofit available but I don't recommend it. Some have used Prelude end links (L shaped) to get it to work. These end links are a little taller than DC2R endlinks providing more clearance from the LCA. However this changes the factory position of the swaybar, theoretically tilting it back more.. Also puts more stress on the endlinks and who knows what other negative effects

Oh what are you serious? I thought it was a direct fit! So to fit the front sway bar i have to get a standard ek1/em1 forks?