PDA

View Full Version : h22a in a accord question???

filoaccord
02-04-2005, 10:41 AM
hi!
went to the import place and asked for a h22a engine front cut the guy said it has 10000ks on the clock couldnt look at it cuz its in another storage but ill look on tuesday his selling it for 2800 bucks. is that cheap??? any thing i have to watch out for on the h22a?? 1500bucks to convert it, is that cheap as well?? then he said it may be more depends on parts any ideas on wat needs to be done on the conversion?? wat year is best??
please help

filoaccord
02-04-2005, 11:45 AM
any parts a need to buy incase the mech charge me heaps and do i need bigger breaks

h22a accord
02-04-2005, 08:52 PM
it seems unusual that the cut only has 10000km on it, find out before you put down anymoney if it is JDM or AUDM.

anyways, it does sound cheap. adelaide jap are selling JDM front cuts with factory LSD's now for $3500 but you do get a warranty etc.

$1500 sounds cheap to get it fitted.

find out if the shop has performed other h22a accord conversions, if they have, find out what the customers think and if its all good go for it.

it wouldnt be all that hard for a machanic to swap it all over and a good auto electrician to wire it up.

there is a couple of mods required, powersteering hose, engine mount, exhaust and wiring .

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0311scc_hybrid/

you wont need bigger brakes for normal driving but if u want to track your car i suggest you upgrade.