PDA

View Full Version : Front or rear strut brace for EF?

Rowie
05-01-2004, 06:42 PM
My vehicle is an EF civic hatch, and I am curious what you pro's out there recommend I get? and why?

bennjamin
05-01-2004, 08:55 PM
*looks around for pros*

Oh , closest thing since im the first to reply ;)

Rows man - predominatley on all FWD its always better to have a STIFFER rear end , to numb out understeer - with thicker swaybar etc

I would suggest a REAR strut brace , to stiffen the rear up - but at the same tiem u should put on a front strut brace as well , to even out the load. Just like i am ! ;)

Does whiteline make 'em ?

wynode
05-01-2004, 09:04 PM
Not sure if whiteline make strut braces for EFs, but I would have thought that stiffening up the front struts would help the wheels contact the ground and reduce understeer..........

Rowie
05-01-2004, 09:46 PM
thanks....

yes whiteline make them for the EF, but only a rear one. Thats what got me thinking, as well as a comment in another thread regarding rear strut brace in a FWD.

Pete, do you have any input seeing as u have an EF ???

-rowie

Setanta
05-01-2004, 10:31 PM
Rowie: since when do you drive an EF? I'm sure it's an ED :P:P:P:P

Ok... now that I threw that bit of snobbery at you:

You need a front brace first. Ben is slightly correct - but the 4th gen does need stiffening at the front too. I run a Spoon brace that came off an EF8, but I know that Jamex at least make one front and rear - I have a feeling the EG ones will fit an ED/EF but I know they wont fit an EF8 or 9 due to the hight of the B16A (plus a different engine bay design to the other EFs, EEs and EDs. That's why I had to track down the spoon one.

You can possibly source a new set of Jamex braces through NSW HCC - Gary Cook was selling them years ago.

Cheers

Rowie
05-01-2004, 10:36 PM
smart ass :P

would you recommend getting front and back?? Or dont bother unless im gonna go track?

-rowie

Setanta
05-01-2004, 10:48 PM
Front to start off with - then get a stiffer rear sway bar (easy, as the EDs never had one to start out with, only the EFs), then stiffer front sway bar, then rear strut brace.

Rowie
05-01-2004, 10:50 PM
:thumbsup:

vti-2
06-01-2004, 07:28 AM
I'd get both. Depends what you want from the car and how you drive it. If you hit the twisties often get front and rear. :D

OLM-02R
06-01-2004, 11:46 AM
get front and rear for better handling....

bizee_1
12-01-2004, 11:26 PM
According to their site, Whiteline don't have a front strutbrace, but when i went there for a quote Monday, he put me down for a front and rear strut brace on my ED, mentioning somewhere that they would make the strut braces inhouse. so i'll let ya's know....prolly in around a month.

Oh, and as they say, you can never get enough chassis stiffness.

how about a roll cage ? ;)

tinkerbell
13-01-2004, 08:45 AM
spoon make them, speak to tangie to see if they fit, i think he is selling set s for 500ish...

eknine
13-01-2004, 08:55 AM
if using too thick of a swaybar in the rear, try to use a kit to prevent subframe tear out:)

Rowie
13-01-2004, 09:21 PM
I got one for the front, next week i'll be getting the rear :)