PDA

View Full Version : [CU2] CU2 recall, windscreen garnishes

fillit
08-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Guys,

Just had a service done at GWS Honda (Oakleigh/VIC) and they've advised that there is a recall on the windscreen garnishes.

Basically they are prone to come off, I had my drivers side one replaced about a year ago, but this time they've re-fixed it on both sides (clips + glue).

I haven't received any correspondence in the mail, perhaps it might be a non official recall.

Mine is an 08/09 CU2 but I saw a facelift one there too with same repairs so I think it applies across both models.

Might be worthwhile to speak to your Honda dealership (they forward the charges back to Honda anyway so they wont mind).

I CU2
08-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Woot!! Mine are starting to come off, thought of gluing them back on but I've been too lazy.

Jasemas
08-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Hmm surprised they havent mailed owners or put out a TSB

supersaiyan
09-11-2013, 12:59 AM
i asked and apparently theres no recall for mine :(

mines 2010 my11, i've seen my friend's facelift one rip off easily, but mines pretty firm!

fillit
09-11-2013, 02:33 AM
i asked and apparently theres no recall for mine :(

mines 2010 my11, i've seen my friend's facelift one rip off easily, but mines pretty firm!

If it ever does come off, it will be repaired/replaced under warranty anyway. I suppose even out of that period it should be repaired under good will as there is a recall on the earlier models atleast.

fillit
10-11-2013, 02:06 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img17/3017/49ut.jpg

NOT VERY IMPRESSED! So supposedly they had repaired it but it flew off on the first drive.

Unbelievable, I'm going to ask for a new garnish as this one has paint damage from it coming off and reimbursement for my fuel.

Mind you I have all the receipt proving they had completed the repairs on Friday.

Jasemas
10-11-2013, 03:22 PM
^ ****in honda
build quality is poo poo now

sensei_
10-11-2013, 04:09 PM
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img17/3017/49ut.jpg

NOT VERY IMPRESSED! So supposedly they had repaired it but it flew off on the first drive.

Unbelievable, I'm going to ask for a new garnish as this one has paint damage from it coming off and reimbursement for my fuel.

Mind you I have all the receipt proving they had completed the repairs on Friday.

Knowing their response they are going to just replace it if you are lucky. Any request for fuel reimbursement will be laughed at.

fillit
10-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Knowing their response they are going to just replace it if you are lucky. Any request for fuel reimbursement will be laughed at.

I'm not really concerned about their response as I would forward the complaint to Honda Australia, needless to say having a repair done on a Friday and the part failing again on Sunday is not acceptable!

sensei_
10-11-2013, 10:20 PM
im not holding much hopes about honda australia playing ball either.

however, i do wish you all the best because as you mentioned, that "quality" repair is definitely not acceptable.

fillit
11-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Well got it sorted today, spoke with GWS and they agreed to reimburse me 15L of fuel and replace the garnish with a new one.

Have it booked in next week, shit happens however I deem the resolution satisfactory (other than the time expense) however I guess I can't complain.

sensei_
11-11-2013, 02:03 PM
excellent outcome. to be honest, im surprised that they came to the table to discuss things over with you.

fillit
11-11-2013, 06:43 PM
excellent outcome. to be honest, im surprised that they came to the table to discuss things over with you.

I suppose it comes down to the relationship you have with them, my car has been serviced at their dealership since new, I think they wanted to keep it happening otherwise I would just lose my shits and take it somewhere else for servicing.

Also my company has direct dealings with them and I know some of the dealership managers, nevertheless I don't like getting them involved but I would have to achieve a satisfactory outcome.

sensei_
11-11-2013, 09:14 PM
I suppose it comes down to the relationship you have with them, my car has been serviced at their dealership since new, I think they wanted to keep it happening otherwise I would just lose my shits and take it somewhere else for servicing.

Also my company has direct dealings with them and I know some of the dealership managers, nevertheless I don't like getting them involved but I would have to achieve a satisfactory outcome.

thats good. i guess it helps that you have had good relationship with the dealership, even better that you didnt have to get anyone else involved to get a satisfactory outcome.