PDA

View Full Version : What does this bolt do on my B16A2?

PhatSol
02-04-2005, 04:54 PM
http://server3.uploadit.org/files/PhatMirage-DSCF1808.JPG

Hrrmmm well it has an aluminium crush washer on it so i'm thinking oil or coolant... Anyone know?

bennjamin
02-04-2005, 05:08 PM
isnt that a extra area for a engine hoist mount ? ( a large hook , to lift out the engine etc)

TBH i dont know. Undo it and find out !

PhatSol
03-04-2005, 02:44 AM
Undo it and find out !

I would if I had a spare crush washer sitting around :p

Probably get one on Monday and give it a try...

nobbs
03-04-2005, 04:45 PM
i dunno what the bolt is for but i undid it and plugged my oil pressure guage and the guage only worked when vtec kickied in, so i duno, i put the bolt back already as im connecting the guage to the right place soon

PhatSol
03-04-2005, 05:26 PM
i dunno what the bolt is for but i undid it and plugged my oil pressure guage and the guage only worked when vtec kickied in, so i duno, i put the bolt back already as im connecting the guage to the right place soon

Thanks that answeres the question :)

BiGANG
15-04-2005, 03:30 PM
yeh, i hooked up my oil pressure guage to it originally after i saw a picture of a fully worked turbo job on a honda tuners handbook had the oil supply for the turbo going to it, anyway after i hooked it up i noticed as nobbs said, it only worked when vtec kciked in. anyway i talked to a mate that works at honda and he found out it is a like a check point to see if the vtec is working properly, it runs on the return side of the vtec. dont know if that made any sense

PhatSol
15-04-2005, 05:04 PM
yeh, i hooked up my oil pressure guage to it originally after i saw a picture of a fully worked turbo job on a honda tuners handbook had the oil supply for the turbo going to it, anyway after i hooked it up i noticed as nobbs said, it only worked when vtec kciked in. anyway i talked to a mate that works at honda and he found out it is a like a check point to see if the vtec is working properly, it runs on the return side of the vtec. dont know if that made any sense

Yep that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the info :thumbsup: