PDA

View Full Version : stripping inside ya car

RichieTougeBattle
05-01-2004, 07:56 PM
ok i was wonder what the law is about not having carpet ??? anyinfo in this area would be great

ALLMTR
05-01-2004, 08:20 PM
No legal issue with stripping interior or carpet.

BTW first thing I do when trying to figure out if mods are legal is figure out if any manufacturers sell vehicles in aust in that spec. Eg Lotus exige has no carpet from the factory

A'PEXi
05-01-2004, 08:39 PM
dont remove your seatbelts hahahha :D

RichieTougeBattle
06-01-2004, 07:48 PM
so i couldnt get a defect for having no carpet???

ALLMTR
06-01-2004, 08:17 PM
You can get a defect for anything but it should be easy to clear :D

vti-2
07-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Get 20% tint and hope the officer doesn't squint too hard when he looks inside the car.

Seriously though, stripped out Honda's are heaps of fun. If you get caught out and they canary you, just put everything back in. It's more of an inconvenience putting everything back in for the rwc than anything else.

XXpl0Sive
07-01-2004, 03:24 PM

BTW first thing I do when trying to figure out if mods are legal is figure out if any manufacturers sell vehicles in aust in that spec. Eg Lotus exige has no carpet from the factoryBecause each different type of vehicle sold in Australia is complianced individually, and you can't say just because this particular car came stock with X part, it is right for me to get it.

ie. Some cars come from factory with CF bonnets, but you cannot get CF bonnets on something that did not come with a CF bonnet from the factory. Same goes with many of the HID bulbs.

But that being said, if they really want to defect you, they can and will. But the reason why people get pulled over is because they have been seen hooning around but the police have no evidence of this, respect their jobs and they will respect you.

VTEChnique
07-01-2004, 04:38 PM
here's an IDEA:

Paint interior with matte-black paint and they will peek in the window and think you got interior..

Stripped interior = GREAT !!!!!!!

I love it but my girl always gets me to put it all back in cause she likes the audio system.. I like LIGHTNESS !!

ginganggooly
07-01-2004, 05:11 PM

BTW first thing I do when trying to figure out if mods are legal is figure out if any manufacturers sell vehicles in aust in that spec. Eg Lotus exige has no carpet from the factory

i think there are a few exceptions to that rule... the only one of which i can think of at the moment being the old benz c class sport models, i believe they were allowed to get away with 90mm ground clearance.

with regards to stripping interiors, i've read heaps of different reports. one of which said that you are not allowed to leave sharp edges around the place (sorry for not being articulate :P)... so taking your door trims off is not allowed. you might want to look into it with the RTA :)

BlakTegra
08-01-2004, 11:31 AM
Um, once I made my own aluminium mats and replaced my gear knob to a cheap krome one, and got a warning from the officers. Lucky me :P I asked why and he said I cannot have anything reflective inside the vehicle and that include my aluminium mats and krome gear knob. I was like..wtf???

bennjamin
08-01-2004, 11:43 AM
a FULL stripped interior can be fully legal - providing it follows basic rules -

1. there is no loose objects ( IE spare wheel or jack etc) that can come loose in a accident situation

2. and that the stripped parts do not interfere with ADR saftey rules - IE airbags and other safety bits.

When in doubt , talk 2 the RTA - dont leave it until a cop defects you for it !