PDA

View Full Version : CRV Air Con Issues

nkoulban
18-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Hi, took delivery of a CRV in June. I have had the car back twice to get the aircon fixed. Has anyone else here had aircon issues on a new Honda?

nkoulban
25-11-2013, 01:49 PM
After 2 visits to my Honda dealer, they appear to have finally diagnosed my new CRV's aircon problem... they say a pipe needs replacement. The part needs to come infrom Japan, requiring a 3rd visit to the dealership. The fact that a new car has this type of issue is not a good look, what is worse is the techs guessing the problem rather than diagnosing it correctly first time. I hope the 3rd visit resolves the issue.

Jasemas
26-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Sorry to hear about your CRV
I'd also advise for them to pay you for the petrol YOU used to come back twice to fix a problem they could not diagnose
And also reimburse you for wasted time
As this is a NEW car this sort of problems should never happen
Hope they are not charging you for labour

nkoulban
26-11-2013, 11:03 PM
I hope this issue with the car and the inept approach to diagnosis is a one off. The reason I purchased a Honda was for reliability and quality and that the dealership techs are well trained and competent. We managed to score a free loan car and the fix is at no charge. At this stage I'll keep an open mind.

Jasemas
27-11-2013, 11:35 AM
The reason I purchased a Honda was for reliability and quality and that the dealership techs are well trained and competent.

Good to see you have a loan car
But Honda's reliability and quality went down the shitter in the early 00's... Honda's heyday was the 90's
Now it's just any other car company
If you're after reliability buy a new Hyundai or Kia - they are light years ahead

nkoulban
27-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Interesting comment. I guess if my Honda does not prove to be a good purchase, the Koreans are worth a look at. Having said that, I know of 2 people with near new Hyundais that have had their 6 speed auto die.

Jasemas
27-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Hmmm get a kia
Their warranties should cover everything
5 year/unlimited km warranty
way better than Honda

White Orchid
28-11-2013, 07:59 PM
Hmmm get a kia
Their warranties should cover everything
5 year/unlimited km warranty
way better than Honda

And like the Daewoo Cielo when it came out, you will need every bit of that 5 year/unlimited km warranty to keep it on the road. :D

nkoulban
29-11-2013, 11:03 AM
My new honda has a 5 yr warranty and would rate Honda ahead of Hyundai/Kia.

blommer
29-11-2013, 01:08 PM
KIA = KILLED IN ACTION.. do not get

Limbo
03-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Hondas are just having issues due to poor quality control.
They are now made in Thailand & Vietnam. In the past they were made in Japan and were super reliable.
Its just bad luck at times.

P.S I would take a Honda over a Kia or Hyundai any day

nkoulban
18-01-2014, 08:31 PM
The aircon is now fixed. Looks like a known problem with one of the pipes. This part is only replaced if an owner complains.