PDA

View Full Version : Am I asking too much?

brad
19-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Just after some opinions, am I asking too much for my EG8 converted EG6 B16a etc..

I've had it up for sale for around three months now and have had one serious person look at it. I never imagined it'd be this hard to move a car on, especially for the price and the mods list + conversion.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?177566-quot-EG9-quot-Sedan-JDM-B16a-EG8-Price-Drop!-5500-!!

Would like to know your reasons for either way.

Cheers,

Brad

ITEAZR
19-11-2013, 11:50 PM
I dont think its over priced at all Heaps of goodies for ur asking price. The only thing is demand on sedans is less than the eg hatch's (in my opinion)

Have u tried selling on carsales?

amK7
20-11-2013, 01:25 AM
Nice looking car btw. I think the price you are asking is reasonable, but cars don't sell like they use to (i guess everyone wants a property). The high km's and no air-con are the only 2 deterrents (for me personally).

Nelson had/has his EG w/b18c for $6500 with lower km's and air-con and I'm not sure if he managed to sell that. Unless someone is specifically in the market for an EG sedan, there are some Preludes and Tegs (VTiR's) going for roughly the same price (in Adelaide) which may also be why there isn't a lot of interest in your EG.

I also think because its a 20 year old car, a lot of people would be in the market for something newer. I like the fact that you are completely honest with the bad points however they may be something that is also deterring people from even inquiring about the car... you could try to remove all the 'bad points' from your ad(s) except for 'no-aircon' and see if you get any more interest in the car.. you can point out the other minor blemishes in person etc.

Anyway, GL with the sale.

brad
20-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I have it listed on carsales too. I guess the no-aircon bit is a large deterrent, but the high kms are almost irrelevant since the bushes/suspension has all been upgraded/replaced.

Cheers though.

bboyzell
20-11-2013, 11:33 AM
I dont think its over priced at all Heaps of goodies for ur asking price. The only thing is demand on sedans is less than the eg hatch's (in my opinion)

Agreed.

I think you have a fair price on it, iv recently put up my 88 CRX for sale also.
And the biggest turn off from it is the age, even tho its still a good reliable car.

Were i see your EG Sedan being in even smaller demand, most people looking at EG Hatchs would be interested in Modded ones, but the EG Sedan people would mainly be looking at a cheap daily that costs next to nothing.

So finding someone interested in your car would be quite difficult.

NA-tastic
20-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Also, how is the Honda market in SA?

brad
20-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Also, how is the Honda market in SA?

Dead.