PDA

View Full Version : Air Con

berniebern
02-04-2005, 11:36 PM
Just returned from a 100 000 km service where the timing belt and ignition coil were replaced. After driving the car and coming home I left the car idle and turned the air conditioning on to find

1. The air conditioning doesn't work

2. The car idles strangely. It revs to 2000 then back down to 1000 as frequent as the 'tick tock' in a clock.

Now the above only happens when I turn the air con on and after the car has been driven for at least half an hour.

I'm taking the car back to the mechanic on Monday and will refuse to pay for the air con to be fixed as it was working perfectly fine when I left it with him. Mind you the ignition coil was also working fine and it was just a 'coincidence' that it failed after he serviced it. Cost me $170 to have it replaced.
Based on the above is it possible that the mechanic stuffed up the air con. I should also note that in the process of trying to find out why my car wouldn't start (before he found it was a burnt ignition coil) he was adamant that I had an immobiliser and that was the reason. I suspect he fiddled with the electronics because of this.

ECU-MAN
03-04-2005, 12:38 AM
with out looking at your car its really hard to say. I do belive the coil could have failed at the same time as the service, that can fail anytime, as for the aircon, thats the part that needs to be looked at to be able to say

garett
04-04-2005, 09:23 AM
its easy to dis engage the air con too
he could have possibly just forgotten to put the air con belt back over the compressor or maybe he undid the release valve accidentally releasing the gas and stopping it working could be the wiring plug on the air con compressor has come off
they are all little things i think it wouldnt need much to work as long as it has gas in it and a belt and wiring it should work fine

garett
04-04-2005, 09:25 AM
its easy to dis engage the air con too
he could have possibly just forgotten to put the air con belt back over the compressor or maybe he undid the release valve accidentally releasing the gas and stopping it working could be the wiring plug on the air con compressor has come off
they are all little things i think it wouldnt need much to work as long as it has gas in it and a belt and wiring it should work fine

as for the idle going nuts it would be the idle speed motor is shagged
im not sure, it happened in my old lude, when at idle it used to just rev up and down all the time

imashy14u
04-04-2005, 09:29 AM
With the starnge idle, it's probably the grounding of the condensor fan wiring. Check the wiring on the fan on the passenger side of the car. see if there are any loose wires or disconnected wires. What could be happeing is that the condensor fan isn't turning on and therefore the condensor is heating up and the air-con shits itsef trying to cool it down. I had the same problem before.

berniebern
04-04-2005, 12:37 PM
With the starnge idle, it's probably the grounding of the condensor fan wiring. Check the wiring on the fan on the passenger side of the car. see if there are any loose wires or disconnected wires. What could be happeing is that the condensor fan isn't turning on and therefore the condensor is heating up and the air-con shits itsef trying to cool it down. I had the same problem before.

imashy14u (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=710) is on the money :thumbsup: When the guy replaced the timing belt he accidentally cut the wire which was giving power to the compressor. $0 to fix

Last time i take it to him. Thanks guys :)