PDA

View Full Version : Hiclone & k and N air filter. Need help to make decision and locate

Faiz
03-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Hello, i hope this doesnt turn into a flame. Not sure how should i approach installing this stuff. Is there a shop in Newcastle hunter region where i can buy and get it fixed up. Also get info from sellers if its safe. I would also like opinions from you guys about these products. Also noticed this on there website:

http://http://www.hicloneqld.com/amdata.htm dyno results?

They say if u put two hiclones in tgogether there is 20 percent more performance. It all sounds like a scam to me for some reason. First of all can anyone tell me where do they sell these two products coz im gona have a hard time ordering and finding a bloke to fit it up coz im not experienced in this stuff and am likely to get ripped off. Safety is another issue. help would be appreciated

Kawasaki
03-04-2005, 03:58 PM
The way I see it is if these products actually did anything special im sure most tunning companies would be making their own.. but they arn't. Sounds like rubbish and 20% is alot of an increase

I give it 0 out of 5 stars

accordingly flash
03-04-2005, 04:06 PM
there is a thread here i started and there was mixed opinion but one user put a hiclone and one of there itg filters into his euro and was quite happy..

yfin
03-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Faiz - do what you think is best - but I think this has been covered before. I know I have suggested to you a number of times the best thing you should do to improve performance on the Euro. Intake. If you want to keep it nice and quiet go with the Comptech Icebox. Otherwise K&N Typhoon or Injen.

I haven't seen evidence re the hiclone to suggest it is better than a revised intake (do a search in Google groups - and you will see various opinions on the hiclone).

Like I said - I don't know enough about the hiclone - but your chances of achieveing a 20% gain on the Euro with hiclone alone is zero. Maybe a few hp - but not 20%.

UPDATE- Faiz i looked at that link in your post (correct link is http://www.hicloneqld.com/amdata.htm) - it doesn't say there is a 20% performance gain - that is FUEL CONSUMPTION :D The gains on the dyno are mostly for old cars with possibly crap intakes anyway. Look at the gain on the 94 Ford - 4 hp. I would want to see a dyno of a Euro with the hiclone before and after I parted with $160+.

Faiz
03-04-2005, 04:54 PM
ok did some research. There is no advantage of these on new cars. They only work for very old car in addition by looking at the dyno results thaqt can be seen. 99 percent of people got no result regarding models above 1990.

Peekay34
03-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Sorry I would say the opposite. I am happy with the stuff in my car. I only have one at the moment but it does make a difference. Look at www.fuelsaver.com.au.

Faiz
03-04-2005, 06:55 PM
well u never dynod so i cant take that words that its good. I researched and found forums and i have to say no one found who posted said it works. only one person who said he gained 8 percent fuel economoy after he fidled around with it and changed its positions or something like that. the rest said they took it off coz they gained nothing. Even posted dyno results. Only fellas with old cars like 1970 etc got some result. it wouldnt work on euro its already very fuel economical and they hgave creamed 140 kws from a 2.4. well thats would i had found.

Faiz
03-04-2005, 06:57 PM
by the way what are these ITG Airfilters and what do they do?

EuroAccord13
03-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Buy One, Test it, Come back and tell us if it works on an AUTO.....

euro77
03-04-2005, 08:37 PM
by the way what are these ITG Airfilters and what do they do?

ITG Air Filters are replacement for the stock air filter. They should be better then the stock ones, and is up there with K&N I believe. But remember, this is just the replacement of the air filter panel, not an cold air intake kit. Any power gain is minimal.

Peekay34
03-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Sorry again disagree it made a healthy difference re the filter but yes a CAI is better.. ITG also make pods. I noticed the diffrence between the ITG and K&N on my last car thats why I swear by them.

And Faiz u pay for the Dyno runs and I will do it . I drive my car and I notice the difference and that is all that matters. I don't have to prove anything to you. And yes I did a Dyno run and for a car that is barely run in it did quite well ask yfin he was fairly impressed based on my cars age and lack of kilometres.

smoknhothonda
03-04-2005, 09:42 PM
The idea behind having two hiclones is supposedly that the one cloest to the throttle body gives you more low down power, and the one closest to the air filter gives you more tope end (or vice versa) :o

I have mate with a 98 Pajero who reckons he noticed the difference in power, but from my knowledge of Hiclones and Throttle body spacers they work best in lazy large capacity engines, that most 4wds come equipped with, not something as efficient as a honda K24...

Im sure your money will be spent elsewhere, like a panel filter for your airbox....

The ITG is a great filter but one has to justify its high inital outlay compared to a K&N

Peekay34
04-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Maybe so but on my Sportivo Rolla I installed the ITG and it made considerable gains over the K&N . Many of the people that I have spoken after my recommenadation (sep forum) who also have done the same thing are very happy with the results. Re the Hiclone maybe but talk to Mark at www.fuelsaver.com.au and ask him, he has had customers who have installed these on their Accord Euros and are happy besides you get a 30 day money back guarantee so try it for yourself.

Faiz
04-04-2005, 06:43 PM
do u work for these fuel saver guys peekay :P hehe well i am not sure at all what to do at the moment except expanding my knowledge on cars

Peekay34
04-04-2005, 07:46 PM
No mate I don't