PDA

View Full Version : Short review on Spoon, HKS, XForce HEI

TypeG
03-04-2005, 05:47 PM
well all the installs went semi-smoothly. BIG thx to Danny with my KISS and Mark since they does most job for me :rolleyes: . The header was by far the most headache while DIY installation.

Spoon air filter- This was my first performance mod for this car. Install = super easy. However, it preforms like stock with slight better response. Quite disappointed with that. 1 Stars

Spoon filter + HKS HiPower Exhuast- The install was a easy, but the sound and look was amazing. It rev a bit faster but cant expect from just adding a muffler stock pipe. The sound is amazing since it is not loud at all IMO with a deep bass noise when low rev but once the car goes, it is just right. 3 Stars.

Spoon Filter + Spoon 4-1 Header + X-Force BPipe+ HKS HiPower - First of all, spoon header's weld job is so so so nice which has no weld job on bending pipe for better air flowing. Amazing. Install went perfect but installtion is pain to the arse ... for danny:o . However, he managed to fit all the parts within 2 hours which is really professional. Perfect fittment. It sounds amazing. It makes the exhaust sounds perfect but a bit louder than b4. I realized low end power has been trade in with mid and high end power as I can pick up as quick as b4 but it seems to pull all the way to redline and wants to rev past it. It rev a lot lot faster than b4. The only downside is that when you downshift and go up hills, it makes lots of noise that's annoying. But this is the only way to make yr car faster. 4 1/2 Stars (because of noise).:p

I am using stock downpipe still as I going to custom made one with hiflow cat on. After that, I will get my e-manage tuned on dyno and will definate let you guys know the result.

Pictures again is in my gallery. Thx guys

ahcash
03-04-2005, 05:58 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tony
03-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Nice writeup! :thumbsup:

I found the stock replacement filter doesn't do much as well. Very very minimal difference. It made a huge difference after I change to the Apexi power intake kit.

TypeG
03-04-2005, 06:22 PM
since our system have low the low end anyway
for aftermarket exhuast system, pod is needed with a proper tune on how many air sucking into the pod.

pod is still a bad idea for street use tho

also u know Francis Lee right Tony? He is my best frd in HK
=) Maybe I will see you if I have chance to visit him again.

Tony
03-04-2005, 06:33 PM
hmm the only Francis Lee I know in Hong Kong is my dentist friend who's about 20 years older than me, so I think it might be a different person.

Anyway, I'll need to get my S-AFC II tuned properly once I've got a cat-back system installed. Most likely I'll go for a Fujitsubo cat-back.

TypeG
03-04-2005, 06:54 PM
any muffler will do the same job IMO but I thought u got XForce one already.

Lee Ka Ming Francis? He told me he knew u tho. Hahhaha

Tony
03-04-2005, 07:06 PM
No cat-back yet.. I'm waiting for muli's review on the X-force cat-back :P plus I've just spent some money on some Mugen leather gear stick cover and park brake cover so I'm out of $$$ atm.. lol

any muffler will do the same job IMO but I thought u got XForce one already.

TypeG
03-04-2005, 07:18 PM
leather gear look so nice
post some picture out pls tony

Zimp13
03-04-2005, 09:57 PM
since our system have low the low end anyway
for aftermarket exhuast system, pod is needed with a proper tune on how many air sucking into the pod.

pod is still a bad idea for street use tho

also u know Francis Lee right Tony? He is my best frd in HK
=) Maybe I will see you if I have chance to visit him again.

y pod bad idea????

TypeG
03-04-2005, 10:23 PM
lose low end ma if no exhuast system
u also took yr pod off b4 la

Zimp13
03-04-2005, 10:27 PM
ooo.... i thought on ur car......
ur car should use pod.... better... no restrictions.....

Dreams
04-04-2005, 08:18 AM
uh. catback already feel gainin kw not much but different.
a full setup must be better.. hehe :)
must try ur car..

tonmasi
04-04-2005, 10:55 AM
hmm the only Francis Lee I know in Hong Kong is my dentist friend who's about 20 years older than me, so I think it might be a different person.

Anyway, I'll need to get my S-AFC II tuned properly once I've got a cat-back system installed. Most likely I'll go for a Fujitsubo cat-back.

tony, I think that francis typ-G talking about is ah sing

Tony
04-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Ah.. Too bad he's got a DC2R now, otherwise he can join our Jazz meet. :)

tony, I think that francis typ-G talking about is ah sing

TypeG
04-04-2005, 02:55 PM
lol
yes la
i dun like the name of ah shing somehow
lol

civiceg9
04-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Spoon filter only provides better or improved abit over the stock.
If you want a a high flow panel replacement you guys should try Power Filter by Monster Motorsports (yes is the 1000hp Suzuki that you play in Grand Tourismo :D)
Is a popular brand oversea and provides much much better response and filter out any dirt and dust.

Need to clean often as the filter seem to stick any dust and dirt on it.

gd1_nz
04-04-2005, 05:12 PM
i have got the Power Filter on my car and the response has definetly improved. It also seems to run smoother at above 3500rpm when compared to stock. Does anyone know how often(approximation) they should be cleaned?

TypeG
07-04-2005, 10:03 PM
is it really that good?

GAS828
08-05-2005, 06:00 PM
secret