PDA

View Full Version : CR-V accessories

L-Plates
03-04-2005, 07:23 PM
hey guys...just wondering what exterior accessories you can get for a 1997-8 model CR-V...just wanna make it look different cause it looks really boring right now....so yeah if any1 know what i can get..thanks..

Nodachi
03-04-2005, 11:14 PM
get full bodykits from jet speed or carmate... they look a lot better afterwards but u'll b lookin at big money in doing so..:D

L-Plates
04-04-2005, 10:34 AM
bodykit...far out man...that to much..ahaha...for a CR-V....that would set me back like 2 or 3 thousand man..

slidetaker
04-04-2005, 12:06 PM
muffler tip, side-steps (if u don't have), mud flap, fog lights...

L-Plates
04-04-2005, 08:40 PM
how much are fog lights.!?!...and i looked at my car there isnt really a spot for the front bumper...

Steer^Gimic
05-04-2005, 12:17 PM
a bash plate looks great on a cr-v. some factory mesh inserts.

bigdongers
05-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Have a look at http://www.shamsulauto.com/honda.htm

I got a heap of accessories for my 02 CRV from them. They ship to Australia. They got a bit of stuff for the 1st Gen CRV too.

slidetaker
05-04-2005, 02:24 PM
there is always a gap in the bumper...u just have to shop around for a pair of foglight that will fit....around $50 to $100....

L-Plates
06-04-2005, 07:34 PM
thanx...do u know where i can purchase fog-lights or even a CF bonnet..!?

Bakman
14-04-2005, 03:38 PM
hey there L-plates,

it's great to see someone else with a first gen CRV here
check out some of the american sites man they go hard over their CRVs
what i've been trying to get are black headlight housings, you can find them on eBay but they don't ship over here, however, if you're really keen, find some spares at maybe pick n' payless and DIY
otherwise stick to maybe getting a rear spoiler. as for the fog lights, yeah they were factory spec for the 99 sports models onward, if you do get another bumper, it will be body-coloured though, and your rear bumper won't.
let us know if you find anything good though

cheers

slidetaker
15-04-2005, 09:18 AM
thanx...do u know where i can purchase fog-lights or even a CF bonnet..!?

um...for a typical fog-light, go to Autobarn or Supercheap auto... most mod shop has more jap-style lights but if u r stressing where to fit the lights it will be good to have more choices..For a CF bonnet..I am pretty sure there's none for RD1 with B20B or Z....have to be custom made...depends on the quality and style of it (dodgy fibre glass, vent)...it will be $1500+.....after all RD1 has a big bonnet..
if u r really keen on modding it..as I remember there's 1 Mugen body kit got imported for RD1 somewhere in NSW....but u have to search for it as I don't know where is it...

.............!?
yes the American is going far...from a normal Frankinstein conversion to Jackson Racing supercharger...how do u go about DIY the OEM headlights and taillights???

Bakman
15-04-2005, 10:54 AM
hey slidetaker,

trouble is, with the first gen, they never released a model with fog lights, so there aren't really anyplace to mount them. just under the licence plate there are four narrow gaps, giving at most 80 mm clearance. this, coupled with the fact that it is illegal to have fog lights closer than 600 mm means that it's not worth installing them on the OEM bumper. plus, the plastic of the bumper is an unsuitable material for drilling, i think. the DIY job for the headlights would involve removing the bumper, grille and then the housings. then tos of tape, and black paint. any help would be appreciated!

slidetaker
15-04-2005, 12:20 PM
hey slidetaker,

trouble is, with the first gen, they never released a model with fog lights, so there aren't really anyplace to mount them. just under the licence plate there are four narrow gaps, giving at most 80 mm clearance. this, coupled with the fact that it is illegal to have fog lights closer than 600 mm means that it's not worth installing them on the OEM bumper. plus, the plastic of the bumper is an unsuitable material for drilling, i think. the DIY job for the headlights would involve removing the bumper, grille and then the housings. then tos of tape, and black paint. any help would be appreciated!

the thing is, is just a fog-light. I really doubt that u will get pull over for a pair of lights mounting too close. Is not like a cannon muffer waking up the whole neighborhood in mid-night. :thumbdwn:
um....seen a lot of landcruiser's bullbar with pair of foglights mounted nearly touching each other...is that illegal? do u know?
still don't get where u will put the black paint in the headlight unit?? :confused:

Bakman
16-04-2005, 02:35 AM
good point slide, about the landcruisers and big 4WDs having them. difference though, is that they won't turn them on anywhere near the city. copper sees that and there will be an issue, but otherwise shouldn't be bothered. driving lights are meant to be on at any time, they're smaller diameter i think but they're good too, they can't be too close though.

do you have a crv too? see the headlight housing is a bit larger than the actual area used for reflecting the beam. it is possible to change the colour of that without affecting the beam itself. here is what it would look like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33710&item=7968075684&rd=1

slidetaker
18-04-2005, 09:41 AM
do you have a crv too? see the headlight housing is a bit larger than the actual area used for reflecting the beam. it is possible to change the colour of that without affecting the beam itself. here is what it would look like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33710&item=7968075684&rd=1

yes I have a silver one with B20B....um....black paint that area would look sick on a black V....