PDA

View Full Version : Getting into a Euro - seeking advice.

Euromaniac
15-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Hi guys. After 11 great but expensive years driving Mercedes I have decided to go to a Euro. My wife just got her 2nd Odyssey and we love it so much I'm going Honda myself.
Am looking at a 2011/12 Luxury or Navi. Test drives have been good and I love both silver and the semi-metallic white (I live in QLD where it's way too hot for black cars).
What should I be looking out for? I noted a speed related vibration in a car with 45000km, is that bad? Have also noticed some early cracking in the seat leather. Transmissions all seem pretty tight which is great. I have read about two issues 1) a pause on acceleration off the line, and 2) excessive oil consumption. Are these prevalent issues and if so how can I avoid them? Thanks in advance, cheers

Euromaniac
15-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Also keen on a downloadable Owners Manual if there is one, cheers

Jasemas
15-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Glad to hear you want to get into a euro
1) That is due to the drive by wire (pedal not connected to engine) ecu controlled
2) Oil consumption is caused by not running the motor in properly and not using premium 98 - especially with this issue please bring it up with the honda dealer
and here their feedback and their remedies if this problem eventuates

antony
16-12-2013, 09:23 AM
You will LOVE a Euro,good luck with your search and keep us updated...

curtis265
17-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Glad to hear you want to get into a euro
1) That is due to the drive by wire (pedal not connected to engine) ecu controlled
2) Oil consumption is caused by not running the motor in properly and not using premium 98 - especially with this issue please bring it up with the honda dealer
and here their feedback and their remedies if this problem eventuates

why is that?

and why's dbw better? i dun like it irl

Euromaniac
30-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Took me a while but finally paid a deposit today on a MY12 Luxury in pearl blue with the 6-speed manual. Am so looking forward to picking it up! Chat soon.