PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

B|ade
02-09-2003, 07:14 PM
Hey guys,

I have a 92 Honda Accord and was liking into suspension mods for it (Cause the suspension atm is still stock!)

I really wanted to go with Whiteline but they dont offer kits for any Accords! :cry:

So, I was just looking at gettin King Springs and Koni Adjustables! Neone here replaced their stock springs/shocks?

poid
02-09-2003, 08:56 PM
The suspension on your accord is the same as the gen5 accords if i remember right...mine is riding on Kmac springs and Koni Yellows and its fantastic :)

vti-2
02-09-2003, 11:30 PM
If you want decent suspension forget King Springs. They are good springs, and if you want a budget setup they are great but if you're planning on doing the suspension properly, go the Kmac at least, King Springs are bottom of the food chain...

toE
03-09-2003, 12:21 AM
i totally agree with vti-2.

there are heaps of brands out there for u to shop around.

Tein, Eibach, H&R, Koni, Bilstein, Mugen, Spoon, etc.

Hey poid, where'd u get the K-Mac frm?? How much were they??

poid
03-09-2003, 11:06 AM
The Kmac i got through a mate at a good price, but were bought from Kmac direct and shipped to me. Retail is $330 plus postage (which to Canberra was $16.50)

A'PEXi
04-09-2003, 11:13 PM
i've got lovells and they seem alright to me... :D

toE
05-09-2003, 12:01 AM
can't say that i've heard of lovells..where they frm??

VTIs
06-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Hey guys,

I have a 92 Honda Accord and was liking into suspension mods for it (Cause the suspension atm is still stock!)

I really wanted to go with Whiteline but they dont offer kits for any Accords! :cry:

So, I was just looking at gettin King Springs and Koni Adjustables! Neone here replaced their stock springs/shocks?

hey.. i'm thinking of doing exactly the same.. hey blade? where abouts in syd are you? how much for the kings and koni's?

what about bilstien?? who'd ya speak to about the setup and brands??

poid
06-09-2003, 02:46 PM
If you guys need prices for Koni Yellows and Kmac or whiteline springs PM and i can get you a quote or put you through to a mate of mine that deals in these. He got me my suspension gear and has great prices :wink:

wynode
06-09-2003, 03:07 PM
How much for a set of 4 Fully adjustable (ride and rebound) Koni's for an EG civic? :)

EDIT: EG not EK!

poid
06-09-2003, 04:50 PM
i'll email him on Monday :)

wynode
06-09-2003, 04:51 PM
Sorry I meant EG.

toE
07-09-2003, 01:54 AM
Could u find out the Kmac for me for a '94 Accord VT-i please??

Jnr Teggy
07-09-2003, 10:09 AM
best thing to do would be contact whiteline, K-mac, or Eastcoast suspension...

have a chat....discuss you aims and budget and they can tailor a setup to your needs..

VTIs
07-09-2003, 09:46 PM
If you guys need prices for Koni Yellows and Kmac or whiteline springs PM and i can get you a quote or put you through to a mate of mine that deals in these. He got me my suspension gear and has great prices :wink:

Well, you guys keep mentioning koni's, so i assume they are the bomb.

what about whiteline, bilstein, tein? etc.

i'm still kinda new to this modding scene and would like some opinions.

i was only thinking whiteline for both springs and shocks, cause i figured they would match well, seeing they're from the same guys.

I figured that brand names would cost a tad more, and at the moment, what spring and shock combo you reckon would be the best for say $1500 fitted? (in syd)

thanx fellas

poid
08-09-2003, 02:33 PM
yup Koni's are the bomb :)

Yellows match well with pretty much any springs because of their adjustable rebound (i've had them paired with stock springs, very soft lowered springs, stiff lowered springs and pretty stiff springs, and in each case they could be matched nicely).

Tein make good stuff, but as far as i know Tein coilovers for Accords arent brought in by the distributor (and if you were going with Tein it'd be for coilovers). Bilstein/whiteline are also good but i dont have any experience with them.

$1500 will buy you koni yellows with kmac or whiteline springs very easily. Not sure how much the Koni coilovers are actually, they could be a good option. Otherwise coilovers will be 2k and up

Jnr Teggy
08-09-2003, 07:51 PM
konis are good...i used to have them...

try and get a look at a set of bilsteins if you can...

they are slightly better imo

VTIs
09-09-2003, 03:37 PM
Hmm.. decisions, decisions..

Anyone out there that's had experience with bilstein or whiteline? i just want to gauge ppls experiences. and when i say gauge, i mean they experience in an Accord, preferably 5th Gen. perhaps this should go on one of the US Honda forums, where i guess there would be more candidates that suit my criteria.

It seems everyone's got Koni yellows, and i don't mean to offend anyone here, but i don't want what everyone else has.

But then of course i undestand that if they are the bomb, then 'THEY ARE DA BOMB'.

anyways, will have to mull it over me thinks.. :P

thanx ppls :D

VTIs
18-09-2003, 12:15 PM
Alright.. i've got a quote from one place..

Bilstein shocks F&R
Eibach Coil set
Alignment + labour

Total: ~$1800

Is the price alright? I'm waiting for a couple other quotes to get back to me, but the other's are for Koni / King's rather than Bilstein / Eibach.

poid
18-09-2003, 12:57 PM
wow thats seems to be a bit much i reckon

koni yellows and springs at retail pricing wouldnt be more than about 1500-1600 installed, you can do it for as low as about 1200 with some of the prices people are offering yellows for

toE
18-09-2003, 01:01 PM
i got a quote here in Geelong for Koni Yellows only including fitting for 1200-1280.

authorised distributor for Koni here in Geelong btw.

VTIs
18-09-2003, 01:09 PM
wow thats seems to be a bit much i reckon

koni yellows and springs at retail pricing wouldnt be more than about 1500-1600 installed, you can do it for as low as about 1200 with some of the prices people are offering yellows for

Really?? like who?? I'm in Syd, so i can't really compare against the melb prices.. unless you can give me the prices for just parts.. but then i gotta figure out costs for shipping and the install when they get here..

Going by poid's prices, are bilstein / eibach worth the extra $200-300, compared to the koni / dunno what brand springs. i'm assuming King springs??

AP1 F20c
18-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Jax or Peddlers can give you reasonable prices for Konis. They might be a good place to start. And for Bilstein, there is a Bilstein office in Sydney, look under the whitepages. Teins have to come from Melbourne/Vic as that's where the main distributor is.

VTIs
18-09-2003, 03:48 PM
Jax or Peddlers can give you reasonable prices for Konis. They might be a good place to start. And for Bilstein, there is a Bilstein office in Sydney, look under the whitepages. Teins have to come from Melbourne/Vic as that's where the main distributor is.

The Bilstein quote IS from the Bilstein place listed in the whitepages..

So, are they worth the extra $$$?

AP1 F20c
18-09-2003, 05:20 PM
If you have a need to go Bilsteins, then it'd justify the price/quality figure. I'd go Konis personally. They'd do an excellent job with a much affordable price tag.

VTIs
30-09-2003, 09:17 AM
Woohoo!!!

just booked my car in to get my springs and shocks done..

Bilstein shocks and eibach springs, aligned & fitted for $1700 even..

:D :D :D :D :D :D

can't wait.. getting them done on the 8th Oct..

B|ade
02-10-2003, 02:09 PM
I got a quote for Lovells and Koni Reds adjustables fitted for $1300

Thats definetely what I'm getting when i get the cash

I highly recommend giving Eastcoast Suspension a call if you're in Sydney

Teggy-Vtir
02-10-2003, 07:12 PM
eastcoast suspension?
wheres that?
i wanna get my car lowered soon too

VTIs
16-10-2003, 10:44 PM
I checked East cost suspension and aussie's best. No one would even match my quote for Bilstein and eibach's for $1700.

I didn't want to go with King springs, cause i've heard bad things about them from mates. i don't know anyone personally with Lovell's or kmac's. and from what i've read, there's no doubt that eibach's are good.

So having decided on those springs, i searched for shocks.

I asked for 2 quotes from all the places i spoke with. koni's and eibach's, and bilstein's and eibach's.

Aussie's best gave me a quote for koni's and eibachs' for roughly $1650. Koni's and King's for approx $1450.

Being stubborn, i didn't want to budge on the eibach's. So the place down at Sydnham, i got the contact number from www.bilstein.com.au, gave me the best quote for what i wanted.

I went to pick up the car today...

WOW.. what a difference.. ride's not rough or harsh at all. everything feels much firmer, and sharper. i feel like there'a less effort required for the car to brake, accelerate, and of course, steer / handle..

It's not as low as some accord's i've seen around, but it's low enough for me. Still practical, cause my driveway's pretty harsh.

Probably about an inch clearance from the rubber to the arch in the side panels.

hehe.. now that's complete, i'm not satisfied with my stock 15" alloys.

Mmmm.. 18's here we come.. :P

Where will it end aye??? :P

Calvo
16-10-2003, 10:53 PM
hey VTIs, just wonderin, how much did u lower it by?
2in?

VTIs
17-10-2003, 11:45 AM
yeah.. 2 in.. but they though it would probably be less seeing the car's had some mileage on it already. the estimated around 30mm..

i haven't measured it or anything..

Calvo
17-10-2003, 12:41 PM
yeh gotta let it settle aswell :D

VTIs
17-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Oops.. proxy here at work's a little slow to update.. i couldn't see my own post until just now.. grrr..