PDA

View Full Version : 92-95 civic breeze gauge cluster swap

cardo
21-12-2013, 11:46 PM
I use the search function and couldnt turn up a DIY on swapping out the gauge cluster so that my 95 EG can have an RPM gauge.. I have however found a few American sites that are saying i can swap from the EFI EG and have no problems.. but My question would be accuracy of the RPM band and Speedo.. again I DID DO A SEARCH but turned nothing up, if i somehow have missed the topic please refer me to the link.. but any and all info is welcomed if anyone has done this before. Thanks.

quangsuke
22-12-2013, 11:41 AM
It's a straight bolt on if you get a gli/vti cluster.
Shouldn't experience any issues in regards to the rpm unless you get a eg6 cluster.

cardo
22-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Sweet! Thanks

Martox
22-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Anyone know what happens when you put an automatic cluster in a manual breeze? Any wire cutting?

quangsuke
22-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Heard of a few people doing this in the past, from what I remover no issues just have that ugly auto gauge in the way (doesn't function); so still usable.

cardo
06-01-2014, 06:17 PM
I'm using the auto gauge. I just blacked out the auto part when i took the gauge apart and removed the control LED box with the P R D N whatever.. anyway onto my question.
I read a few guys problems with engine overheating.. im not experiencing overheating ( yet ) however as soon as i turn the key my engine temps are skyrocketing to the top of the gauge instantly.. i replaced the thermo and coolant.. haven't done a LEGIT High power water flush but i did flush it.. thats my next move.. I saw the guy say something about engine temp sender unit or some crap but couldnt find anything about it.. im going to google it now and see what turns up but in the mean time, anyone know of this or had the same problem? what was your fix? im also going to drive around for a bit and check the top and bottom hoses to see how firm they are.

sinthetesa
09-02-2014, 01:17 PM
@cardo:

do you change the cluster because the previous cluster are broken tooo?

my breeze cluster flicker all the way. it still functions but the light is the problem. i cant see them in night.

any idea what? or do you have the same problem maybe?