PDA

View Full Version : bent wheel? ep3

tomolicious
22-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Hey guys was playing around with my rear rhs brake setup and took it apart to change the studs cause ones rounded off. I bought a rear rhs setup but turns out the guy gave me the lhs...... (bought this awhile ago just had the time now to chuck it in) which wasted my time gravely. The wheel usually sits straight with the Fender but now sits on an angle (used to be this | now it's like this /)

Does anyone have any idea how to fix the problem?

tomolicious
22-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Also when I took the assembly apart I had to remove the abs. I've now out everything back in place but the light is on

stevo1210
22-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Are you sure it's the wheel that's bent and not the hub inside (on the car)?

If the wheel fitted fine before changing those parts, I'd say no to a bent wheel.

lolmclol
22-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Why don't you try taking another wheel off the car and trying it on the same hub, and trying the wheel you think is bent on the other hub.

tomolicious
22-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Are you sure it's the wheel that's bent and not the hub inside (on the car)?

If the wheel fitted fine before changing those parts, I'd say no to a bent wheel.

Why don't you try taking another wheel off the car and trying it on the same hub, and trying the wheel you think is bent on the other hub.

yeah, sorry, worded it wrong. i was replacing the hub, the whole brake setup cause i have a rounded lug. the wheel was straight on removal but when i put it back on. it was pushed out on an angle.

integraR
22-12-2013, 05:55 PM
try wheel on different car too see

lolmclol
22-12-2013, 07:18 PM
yeah, sorry, worded it wrong. i was replacing the hub, the whole brake setup cause i have a rounded lug. the wheel was straight on removal but when i put it back on. it was pushed out on an angle.

I'm going to be honest, I've never done what you've done, but the best thing to do is to follow problem solving methods of taking everything back off, and putting it all back on from the bottom up, following the steps required to the dot, no shortcuts.

integraR
22-12-2013, 08:00 PM
are you after sum stance camber hellaflush?

lolmclol
22-12-2013, 08:11 PM
are you after sum stance camber hellaflush?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/customavatars/avatar34124_13.gif