PDA

View Full Version : Alloy wheel swap on 8th Gen Accord

JB_AccordV6
26-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Hi there. I have a 2009 8th Gen Accord V6 (standard trim). It has the 7 (seven) spoke design 17" alloy wheels (with 225/50 tyres). I have had the car a couple of years, and when I bought it, a couple of the rims had some fairly noticeable scratches. This is mainly to do with the protruding type design and the crappy driver who obviously wasn't great at parallel parking!.

I have just spotted a set of used V6 Luxury rims in very good condition, they are a flatter 6 spoke design. This design were used right up until this year for the V6L before going to all new 9th gen.

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether I can straight swap the V6 'Luxury' wheels onto my V6 'Standard'? It all should be IDENTICAL.. They have an advertised priced for $400 (rim only) That's a pretty good deal!

..but with cars, nothing is ever a given even if everything looks 100%. Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers,

John.

Fredoops
27-12-2013, 10:45 PM
yes
it's direct swap.

just get tyres.

JB_AccordV6
29-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Thanks Fredoops! I'm picking up the wheels now. Got em for $300 in the end..and they are NEW as in never 'streeted', they were taken off the car when it was new so..DOUBLE BONUS :honda: ;)