PDA

View Full Version : Accord 07 double din lower fascia

lochie360
28-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi guys,

Just new here (first post :S), and looking to make a change to my 2007 Honda Accord. I have done a search and find a lot of posts in regards to the double din lower modification of the "cubby hole" on the Accord Euro, and wasn't sure whether it was exactly the same for the standard Accord.

So a couple of questions, if that's cool!

I bought a aerpro single DIN fascia, to use with a 7" motorized Pioneer head unit. Because of the depth difference in the lower hole and the AC controls, it doesn't come up completely flat and looks ridiculous.....
I have come to the conclusion that I'll need to sort out a double DIN fascia/kit for the lower area.....
so a)
Do you know wether there is any way to modify the aerpro single DIN fascia kit to fit a double DIN head unit (pic below!) preferable seeing as I spent a bunch of money on stuff that doesn't fit :(
http://www.soundmaster.com.au/bookpic/FP997862.jpg

b) US sellers want $180 inc shipping for the lower mount/fascia kit (seems a bit pricy to me...) Does anyone know of anywhere locally that can source/supply them?

and c) I read on the Euro thread that there is a genuine Honda part number (for a stacker or something if I recall) 08B06-SDE-700, any idea how to source these? Do you just give your local Honda service dealer a call to see whether they can get them in? And If so, would they fit the standard Accord or just Euro.... visibly, I can't tell the difference between the dash in the two variants, but you guys are the experts!

Thanks heaps for your help!
Lachlan