PDA

View Full Version : DC4 Integra setup:

Integra-GSi
03-01-2014, 02:57 AM
I have the following second hand bits and pieces left over from other cars/installs to make use of to improve the somewhat crappy stock sound system in my Integra

Pioneer DEH-P7050BT MOSFET 50w x4 + 2 subwoofer outputs.
60watt 5.25" Focal polyglass splits (130VB) 4Ω 91dB sensitivity
Kenwood KAC-8404 amp 4/3/2 channel 4Ω/2Ω Stable, 180 watt x2 or 50 watt x4

I'm just looking to make do at the moment. The focals are pretty decent speakers, actually, fairly efficient at 91db sensitivity for 60watt and go louder than what is sensible for most occassions. In a past setup I had them running off 2 channels from the above amp @ 50w a side a little underpowered, but whatever they're efficient speakers so can handle it. As is, I think I need a decent sub and am just looking to match what I have so... this is what I'm looking at in terms of running 3 channels:

[Existing]

2 stereo channels @ 50w running 2x60watt a side Focals for the front stage 120watts total.
2 channels bridged mono for 180watt @4Ω
stock rears, or alternative (?) likely run off head unit RCAs

[New]

8 to 10 inch bass driver boot mounted running to the sub RCAs
Alternatively a class D monoblock (?)

Now I just need ideas for a woofer, probably something that's both relatively musical and punchy at the same time, I prefer responsiveness as I listen mostly to dance music rather than one big box full of fart. I Need some recommendations... K Go... Not looking to spend a whole lot $500 to really a max of about $800, just making use of what I have.