PDA

View Full Version : leather seats swap from euro

lochie360
03-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Hi,
I have an 07 Honda Accord VTi with manual velour seats with side impact airbags. I was interested to know wether I would be able to purchase electric leather seats from an 03-08 Euro and install them into the car?
Do you know whether the seats are identical, in that case I could remove the seat coverings and swap them over with the Euro coverings?
Thanks
Lachlan

stevo1210
03-01-2014, 04:41 PM
The seats do look identical as we have both types of car here in the household. You'd need to wire up the electric seats somehow if you wanted a direct swap. To answer the second question, yes you can swap the seat coverings but it might be easier (and slightly dearer) if you just went out to a trimmer and got them to do it professionally. Somewhere around $800...

lochie360
03-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Oh yeah, that makes sense no worries.... the only problem I may have is the airbags within the seats, as they're from a different model. does anybody think they will not function/cause a CEL or Airbag light?

stevo1210
04-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Oh yeah, that makes sense no worries.... the only problem I may have is the airbags within the seats, as they're from a different model. does anybody think they will not function/cause a CEL or Airbag light?

They should work fine as I believe they use the same connector. Airbag computer wise, I can't answer. However if you want to be headache free, why don't you go purchase leather seats from a wrecked Accord (one like yours). Price is the same I would assume (maybe even cheaper because the normal accord is for old people).

lochie360
04-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Ahh yeah, Hmmmm, well from what i've seen a set of seats are around the $800 mark, but I found some Euro ones for $300, call me stingy, I'm buying them on behalf of my little brother

lochie360
04-01-2014, 03:59 PM
They should work fine as I believe they use the same connector. Airbag computer wise, I can't answer. However if you want to be headache free, why don't you go purchase leather seats from a wrecked Accord (one like yours). Price is the same I would assume (maybe even cheaper because the normal accord is for old people).
Hahahaha, seniors discount only hey?

Fredoops
04-01-2014, 07:44 PM
The SRS airbag module is coded like your key to the car.

Direct swap probably means a trip to the dealer to reset the modules

mreuror
10-04-2014, 03:36 PM
im selling a full set of leather interior seats front and rear cl9 located melbourne PM Me