PDA

View Full Version : To kit or not to kit.

nav12c
04-04-2005, 01:16 PM
Hi guys,

I am looking at getting an 05 model Euro lux (in black). I am set on the accessories and all but one thing i can not make a decision on yet is whether or not to spend the extra $2k for the bodykit. Bear in mind, if i do get the kit it will not have the boot spoiler (i may look into the m3 style boot lips later on).

i was swayed towards getting the kit until i saw this on the tsx forums (i hope the owner does nto have any problems with me posting it). As soon as i saw this, it swayed me back towards a no-kit decision.

What do you think?

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2497
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2501

JINRAI
04-04-2005, 01:52 PM
love the euros with the mugen kit but if you're not willing to fork out the $ for a genuine one then the stock kits are nice enough

bigdongers
04-04-2005, 03:54 PM
I would definitely go with the bodykit as well. The pic you have above is lowered too so it looks better than stock.

Pum[Z]
04-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Yes the pic does look nice with a standard car that is lowered..

I have a black euro as well and i put 19's on the car and lowered it.. Yeah it looked hot but when i put my mugen bodykit on and compared with the before and after pics... A car with a kit will look much nicer then a car that is lowered without a kit.. Especially the back of a standard euro.. The back bumper is way to high..

Here is what it looks like with the mugen kit u can see it makes a big difference + the mugen spoiler looks really nice as well:

http://iansik.250free.com/images/pum.jpg

http://iansik.250free.com/images/pum2.jpg

It all depends on the style of person that owns the car..

redliner
04-04-2005, 04:39 PM
I say kit, euros look HOT stock... looks even better with kit addon

nav12c
04-04-2005, 05:04 PM
yeah i know that the kitted ones look much better... no doubt about it. but having a look at the above vehicle (i didnt realise it was lowered) i thought it looks quite nice without the kit and could just save the $2k.

does anyone have any good pics of an 05 model with bodykit?

zco
04-04-2005, 05:08 PM
OMG OMG OMG !!! GO THE KIT !! OEM KIT LOOKS HOT !, especially if you have all the options. it just finsihes off that EURO LOOK. and you will know that you have the highest EURO on the laddeR in australia.

EDIT: a Euro Style Numberplate would be good too !

sugapopcandy
04-04-2005, 05:38 PM
looks sweet with a kit.. i say get it if u can :)

|N|
04-04-2005, 06:11 PM
i say kit it... looks even hotter

UNLS1
04-04-2005, 06:34 PM
If u live in melb come look at a 2005 euro i put in the showroom today, we optioned it with tinted windows, mats and FULL body kit incl spoiler.... I love it....but i everyone to their own, i also love the other pics posted here too!

Good luck with ur choice
Cheers Jaymz

sheepo
04-04-2005, 06:42 PM
omg that euro with the mugen kit is soooo hot and agressive styling O.O i say go with it!!!!!! KIT KIT KIT KIT KIT!!!!!!!

albii
04-04-2005, 08:48 PM
save the $2000 and get 18s and dump it....will at least stand out from every other kitted with standard wheels euro.

PNR888
04-04-2005, 09:57 PM
If u live in melb come look at a 2005 euro i put in the showroom today, we optioned it with tinted windows, mats and FULL body kit incl spoiler.... I love it....but i everyone to their own, i also love the other pics posted here too!

Good luck with ur choice
Cheers Jaymz

If that car still in your showroom. Can u plz take some photos and post it up for us? Thanx.

xframe88
04-04-2005, 10:41 PM
I went with the 05 lux with the full honda bodykit but without the rear boot spoiler, looks fkn awesome, worth every cent. I agree that the bum end of the std euro is too high, the kit fixes all that.

will_pop
04-04-2005, 11:33 PM
save the $2000 and get 18s and dump it....will at least stand out from every other kitted with standard wheels euro.

ditto:rolleyes:

LOC888
04-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Body kit enhances the cars appearence. Gives it a more aggresive, sportier look...

EuroAccord13
04-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Man! Those new Honda Rims Looks PHAT with a Big P!

Slugoid
05-04-2005, 01:34 AM
Man! Those new Honda Rims Looks PHAT with a Big P!

That's why I want them ;)

I can never justify spending $2000 just for looks. Rather spend that $2000 on upgrading the suspension or a bit of performance. Someone buy me those Koni shocks......please?

Q_ball
05-04-2005, 02:08 AM
']
http://iansik.250free.com/images/pum.jpg

http://iansik.250free.com/images/pum2.jpg

man ur cars hot Pum[Z]!! awesum!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sheepo
05-04-2005, 02:56 AM
i say kit and performance =P

stephen8512
05-04-2005, 03:36 AM
*sigh* if only the black euro came with black leather interior....... :D

Pum[Z]
05-04-2005, 04:44 AM
Thanks q_ball

Looks and performance i say... Bodykit should not be the first mod u do.. If u go for looks then change the wheels, lower it, then kit it...

*sigh* if only the black euro came with black leather interior....... :D

Yeah tell me about it...

elmario18
05-04-2005, 10:09 AM
the stock look alike body kits are always the way to go, those always look good when there slammed to the ground

jl88rl
05-04-2005, 09:39 PM
[QUOTE='Pum[Z]']Thanks q_ball

Looks and performance i say... Bodykit should not be the first mod u do.. If u go for looks then change the wheels, lower it, then kit it...

[QUOTE='Pum[Z]']

I was also thinking about the order that i should take. Wouldnt it be better if we kitted first, wheels, then drop so u know how much to fall by?

Help me out before i start modifying?

stephen8512
05-04-2005, 10:20 PM
thats exactly how im doing mine

bodykit, then wheels, then drop. to me it just seems the sensible and logical way of doing it (not sayin other methods arent good. it wouldnt relly matter if u dropped it, got rims and the kitted it.....but becareful how MUCH u drop it BEFORE u get bodykit cuz it might scrape and u might have to raise ur springs/shocks to compensate for it)

im just really lazy so i cant be bothered re-adjusting springs/shocks :D

Pum[Z]
06-04-2005, 03:03 AM
Well if u aint getting adjustable suspension yeah the reasonable way is to get a kit first....

My bad I was thinking all the way using adjustable suspension so thats why i said wheels, lower it, then kit...

My front bumper scrapes big time i just don't have no time to raise my suspension.. I will leave it for now.. i will raise it and do a respray of the bumper as well...

J-MuN
06-04-2005, 03:13 AM
i say go full Mugen kit.. DAAAAAMMN sexy... but daaaammn expensive too..

stephen8512
06-04-2005, 10:58 AM
hey mike. just as an off topic question to you, ( i think you may have answered it before ) but is the fibreglass moulding replica mugen front bar reliable and durable in ur opinion?

Pum[Z]
06-04-2005, 04:13 PM
The front bar is reliable and is pretty durable.. I keep on scrappn the damn thing and all it does is scrap the paint off.. But with all fibre glass if u hit something with a bit of force it will definetly crack..

I heard from Tanghy that he is going to sell Euro R kit that is made out of some kind of rubber so that i guess that is going to more durable then fibreglass anyday...

Chris_F
07-04-2005, 12:20 PM
if u like the look unkitted leave it like that i recon... you could spend 2k on some very nice suspension, something that will actually improve perfomance... i went for the OEM kit personally because i looked the look on GP.. if your goin black tho i think they look nice without