PDA

View Full Version : well "intake"

Faiz
04-04-2005, 03:06 PM
ok i here a lot og talk about these intakes in myt hicline post. Would like to know how do they work and if they are safe. i dont wanna experiment and reck the car :( i searched the net but what can i say cant find much info on these expect shop websites. what are the best place to go and do these lil mods. surely like has to be some sort of place where i go they fill me in of info and i make decisions.

EuroAccord13
04-04-2005, 03:10 PM
ok i here a lot og talk about these intakes in myt hicline post. Would like to know how do they work and if they are safe. i dont wanna experiment and reck the car :( i searched the net but what can i say cant find much info on these expect shop websites. what are the best place to go and do these lil mods. surely like has to be some sort of place where i go they fill me in of info and i make decisions.

www.fuelsaver.com.au (http://www.fuelsaver.com.au)

Faiz
04-04-2005, 03:14 PM
that website is good but all i see info about is itg filter and hiclone. Ill look deeper in the site.

Peekay34
04-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Search on the US forums or use the search function on this web site plenty has been said already.

aaronng
04-04-2005, 04:42 PM
If you want to search specifically for your Euro, go to tsx.acurazine.com. Search there (you might need to register, but it is free) for CAI(cold air intake) and short ram intake. Heaps of info there. Even more info is available if you look at RSX sites, such as www.clubrsx.com.

From what I know about K24A2 and A3 design, it is efficient at low rpms, producing respectable torque for the amount of fuel consumed. But at the higher revs, 6000-7000rpm, the large volume per cylinder results in the car not getting sufficient amount of air into the cylinder before in intake cycle is over. The vacuum created by the piston motion is not enough to fill the cylinder to 100% efficiency. So any help in the intake area, such as cold air intake (higher air density), short ram intake (slight positive pressure at high speeds), or forced induction (heaps of positive pressure) will have a relatively large increase in power compared to smaller high rev engines. It is not as bad for the exhaust cycle because the piston forces out the exhaust gases with positive pressure.

Faiz
05-04-2005, 08:55 AM
thanks arrong, u have lost me some where in that explanation lol i do understand to some extent. Ill check those sites out.

qmjona
05-04-2005, 05:55 PM
my simple understanding of the hyclone concept is like emptying water from a soft drink bottle.
If you spin it round to create a whirlpool effect when you tip it over it will the water will empty out quicker than just holding the bottle upside down.
I think this is what the hyclone is trying to do, get greater airflow by the same effect.
My mate had a diesel van that had one standard, he thought 'what's this crap?' and took it off and but said it dropped the power noticeably and put it back on again.

Faiz
06-04-2005, 06:06 PM
it wont have any effect on my euro though. It works on old engines very well. New ones the change is very slight not noticible.

panda[cRx]
06-04-2005, 06:15 PM
hiclones are fine, wont do any harm. no moving parts so they wont break. great lil things :D

faiz there will be an effect, you can also put as many hiclones as your want. 3 or 4 or whatever. i spoke to someone that had some ridiculous amount on his commodore lol

Faiz
06-04-2005, 06:38 PM
hehe how many did he have :P did he notice increased performance lol

Peekay34
06-04-2005, 08:42 PM
it wont have any effect on my euro though. It works on old engines very well. New ones the change is very slight not noticible.

Mate you know very little about these to make a comment you are just going on other peoples comments get some try it and see what you think if you then think they are no goood send it back for a refund.

Spoon-Accord
07-04-2005, 02:55 AM
hey guys.. sorry to ask..
which cars did they come stock on?? would be cheaper buying a genric version..

thats like buying 160 piece of metal
lolz

Faiz
07-04-2005, 08:45 AM
i also think 160 is a bit expensive :P if i get one for 50 bucks ill try it out :D lol