PDA

View Full Version : NSW Driving a restricted vehicle on P plates

IDV8
09-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Discussion came up today, a friend of a friend is on his green P's and got himself a 350z which is a restricted vehicle. If he's pulled up, whats he going to cop? I was thinking a fine and not being able to drive it home, other mate said could have his license suspended etc so it got me curious.

Oh and he drives with the P plates on.. I found that hilarious for 2 reasons, if hes pulled up they can't do him for not displaying P plates however on the other hand its kinda saying "look at me, I'm in a restricted vehicle".. lol :P

Tai
09-01-2014, 04:57 PM
He's an idiot?

Either way he is going to get into trouble.

Doesn't matter the outcome, it will involve a fine thats for sure and if he knows he is not meant to do but still does then he only has himself to blame if it ends up being serious.

IDV8
09-01-2014, 04:58 PM
We know hes an idiot but we want to know specifically what hes going to be hit with for driving a restricted vehicle.. :S

Chernoby1
09-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Bro. RTA website has answers like these.

lilthug
09-01-2014, 06:51 PM
restricted vechicle

will void insurance in case of an accident

amant02
09-01-2014, 07:06 PM
There are a few rules his breaking here both state and federal.

Ofcourse he wont go to jail or anthing. But whats worse then losing your license. That in itself is a big loss (only the ones who have lost their license truly appreciate it)

I have been done in a turbo rx7 before.

I paid $387 + 3 points for not following my license requirements. (Cop was very nice to me as he liked the car he even let me drive back home)

He told me he couldve easily handed me a 1.5k fine, and confiscate the car. dunno if he shit talked to me to keep me scared.

IDV8
09-01-2014, 07:14 PM
restricted vechicle

will void insurance in case of an accident

Thread has absolutely nothing to do about insurance mate, lay off the crank.

There are a few rules his breaking here both state and federal.

Ofcourse he wont go to jail or anthing. But whats worse then losing your license. That in itself is a big loss (only the ones who have lost their license truly appreciate it)

I have been done in a turbo rx7 before.

I paid $387 + 3 points for not following my license requirements. (Cop was very nice to me as he liked the car he even let me drive back home)

He told me he couldve easily handed me a 1.5k fine, and confiscate the car. dunno if he shit talked to me to keep me scared.

Sounds like you got off easy, lucky either way though :D don't think you can lose your license depending on your demerit points though.

amant02
09-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Yes it does have to do with insurance.

His not talkn about your normal NRMA and Ammi compreshensive 3rd party bullshit.

Say (knock on wood) if your mate hits a guy running across the road and disables the fella. He will be paying for it outa his own arse for the rest of the disabled kunts life.

And its not cheap, trust me. that Green slip protects us road users alot, thats what his will be voiding by driving his car.

Its a big risk, he dsnt realise it cos we take it for granted in our every day lifes.

cbauto
09-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Is this idiot you?

lilthug
09-01-2014, 08:09 PM

His not talkn about your normal NRMA and Ammi compreshensive 3rd party bullshit.

Say (knock on wood) if your mate hits a guy running across the road and disables the fella. He will be paying for it outa his own arse for the rest of the disabled kunts life.

And its not cheap, trust me. that Green slip protects us road users alot, thats what his will be voiding by driving his car.

Its a big risk, he dsnt realise it cos we take it for granted in our every day lifes.

thanks for taking the time to clear that up

curtis265
09-01-2014, 08:17 PM
LOL why did you get so defensive as sooon as insurance was mentioned?

cbauto
09-01-2014, 08:32 PM

Probably better for you if you run over a second time.

Just sayin

IDV8
09-01-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm not defensive I just don't like lilthug :P I agree the dude on his P's is an idiot.

And I drive a DC5 if you'd bother to read (those are made by Honda, not Nissan :))

curtis265
09-01-2014, 10:39 PM
I can't see your info on tapatalk

amant02
09-01-2014, 11:42 PM
Not it wasn't me. I met this guy at defensive driving course that court made me do.

I wouldn't finish him, You get done for murder if someone witness's or 2nd deg man slaughter if no1 was around.

I cant bring myself to kill someone either. Pretty sure your the same.

RenzokukenJ
10-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Lol this thread is full of lols

I cant bring myself to kill someone either. Pretty sure your the same.

I've killed before

Not a big deal

IDV8
10-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Killing is like taking a shit, you admire your work then flush it.

bennjamin
10-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Mate

Friends of friends don't make threads like this. People who are the friend of a friend do. Lol

grifty
10-01-2014, 05:19 PM
7 demerit points and a hefty fine.

Not worth the risk

Tai
10-01-2014, 05:50 PM
I didnt even know you had friends Chuck Norris.

Mate

Friends of friends don't make threads like this. People who are the friend of a friend do. Lol

flipfire
10-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Discussion came up today, a friend of a friend is on his green P's and got himself a 350z which is a restricted vehicle. If he's pulled up, whats he going to cop? I was thinking a fine and not being able to drive it home, other mate said could have his license suspended etc so it got me curious.

Oh and he drives with the P plates on.. I found that hilarious for 2 reasons, if hes pulled up they can't do him for not displaying P plates however on the other hand its kinda saying "look at me, I'm in a restricted vehicle".. lol :P

Is it registered under his name? If police runs his plates in the system they will see who its registered to and the licence that person holds.

Also HWY patrol cars now have OCR cameras fitted to run number plates automatically and alert them

IDV8
10-01-2014, 10:32 PM
I've got no fkn clue man, I just wanted to tell him whats going to happen when he realizes hes pretty much just shit $30k down the drain

cuppa
12-01-2014, 10:59 AM
He'll lose his licence for probably 3 months, happened to somebody i know.

lul

DreadAngel
12-01-2014, 12:14 PM
I didnt even know you had friends Chuck Norris.

Tai strikes again hahaha

IDV8
12-01-2014, 10:14 PM
happened to somebody i know.

lul

http://au.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20121026/1024.goyte.cm.112612_copy.jpg

Johnie
13-01-2014, 02:39 AM
3 points fine more fines depending on cop