PDA

View Full Version : Another eg kswap no spark.

neut
12-01-2014, 10:09 AM
As the title says. So I did another eg kswap. Grounding is checked, fuel is priming, fuel pressure 50psi, hondata kpro.. Engine cranks and turns over but no spark at the coils. I checked all coils and all the coils give no spark. I did a little research.. People are saying its the crank sensor.. But I've already changed that and i have also changed the main relay. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance

IEVAQ8
12-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Put a b-series in it....
Hahaha

ECU-MAN
12-01-2014, 05:30 PM
check the 12v source at the coils, the Main Relay provides 12v to the coils, Fule Pump Relay and ECU.

while cranking do you get injector pulse ?

does the KPRO detect CMP A, CMP B and CKP pulses ?

any codes in the ECU ?

neut
13-01-2014, 07:33 AM
check the 12v source at the coils, the Main Relay provides 12v to the coils, Fule Pump Relay and ECU.

while cranking do you get injector pulse ?

does the KPRO detect CMP A, CMP B and CKP pulses ?

any codes in the ECU ?

Im over B series! haha Nah i will do one in a CRX.

Thanks for the help ECU man. I didnt have a voltage tester.. so i took off the fuel rail with injectors still intact. Whiile my friend was holding down the injectors i cranked the engine and it didnt shoot out fuel. We also checked for spark again and there were no Spark. My mate and i are so baffled. We took the injectors out of the fuel rail after cranking and theres a clear indication that fuel is reaching the fuel rail..so yes fuel is getting through.. but not through the injectors.

Hondata doesnt pick up any error codes besides the usual Multiplexer and VTC oil Pressure switch. I changed coils last night and still no success. We also changed starter motor.. and MAP sensor too and Rechecked groundings. Still no success. My next on the list is to change the engine harness. ECU-MAN do you reckon it could be Crank Trigger wheel that has snapped or broken its teeth? The engine is from a crash.. but its a rare case of that breaking? Its the only thing i could think of. Its my second k20 swap and by far this is the worse! -___-.

neut
13-01-2014, 07:43 AM
Things changed/Checked - MAP sensor, Main Relay, Starter Motor, Checked Grounding, Changed Battery, Checked all fuses, Changed Crank Sensor, Changed Coil packs.

Problem now - Injectors not firing fuel and still no Spark from Coils.

Next step..to change engine harness..

mocchi
13-01-2014, 08:41 AM
inb4kproimmobilizer

neut
13-01-2014, 09:14 AM
i Already disabled it. lol

mocchi
13-01-2014, 10:19 AM
you checked continuity from injector to ecu? stock harness ir modified? ie junction box delete/resleeved

neut
13-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Wireworx Harness Bro. Been used on my White eg and its fine. its the actual one i used on my EG.

ECU-MAN
13-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Start by testing the CMP and CYP sensors with a scope,

You will also want to test the entire wiring from each connector back to the ECU to ensure their is no fault in your looms wiring. Get a schematic for your ECU and check all the power feeds and grounds. Saying your grounds are ok by just looking at them is not sufficient, you need to measure the voltages at the ECU

neut
14-01-2014, 07:25 AM
Man thats the crap thing i havent got a scope etc -__-. Ill need to change my harness...and if that doesnt work then ill need to take it to the mechanic. Cause my battery is located in the boot..do you think it will need a thicker guage for the charge harness thats leading to the boot? Its still using the OEM size. Thanks ECU-MAN