PDA

View Full Version : Ed6 with b18c swap hood clearance issues

91EFFER
16-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Hey guys

Looking for some help here, I've done my searching and can't seem to find anything definitive.
I've swapped a b18c into my ed6 hatchback civic using hasport mounts.
Unfortunately my hood doesn't clear the valve cover.
Looking at buying a new one, but wanted to get some opinions first.

I believe I have two options:

Go for the dohc zc hood with one hump on the side of the hood.
Or
The ef sir bonnet with the raised centre section of the hood (I would prefer this one, but I've heard that you need to change the side panels, bumper and front bumper strut to make sure it all matches up?)

Anyone have an idea about this, don't want to order something and when it arrives it doesn't fit haha.

Cheers

DaveXR8
17-01-2014, 12:04 PM
I think the EF9 bonnet is longer as the front is extended longer to allow more clearance between the headers and radiator. Thats you will need matching guards, bumper and so on.

I did a B16a conversion into my ED6 and there as **** all clearance at the front but bonnet did close.

ceekay101
17-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Not sure about civic but for the crx an sir style bonnet to fit aus crx which gives extra clearance but still matches aus front. Maybe worth a look?

ITEAZR
17-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Not sure about civic but for the crx an sir style bonnet to fit aus crx which gives extra clearance but still matches aus front. Maybe worth a look?

EF front end should do the trick

91EFFER
21-01-2014, 12:40 AM
Cheers for the info guys
It's a tough one, unfortunately its seems the only way to really know is through trial and error.
There aren't many Efs in Perth so its hard to find out if it'll fit.
I'm sure ill figure out a way though.
Just gonna take a bit of time and effort

Cheers

_CRX_
21-01-2014, 12:52 AM
It will fit... For the ef8/9 swap you don't need new guards.. All you need is a bonnet, headlight,t bar, bumper and indicators...the only difference in the guards is the clips the Parker's screw into.. You can buy those clips from honda direct

Clearance wise there won't be heaps of room, but you will clear the engine.. If you want a bit more room you can cut a little bit of the webbing on the underside of the bonnet... I didn't and I haven't had issues

shake
02-02-2014, 04:01 PM
If you were in nsw I'd offer you the ones off the wreck I brought. Have bonnet (has light damage and stupid stick-on bonnet vents), t-bar and passenger headlight.

dougie_504
07-02-2014, 11:09 AM
There are a few things you can do.

I don't think the small-hump D-series bonnet will work. The middle of the bonnet is still lowered. And getting your hands on an EF front-end will be both difficult and expensive. Probably $1,500+ and maybe needing paint. If it were me there are three things I'd do;
- Raise the back of the bonnet with washers under the bolts and see if you can get enough clearance.
- You could remove the structural webbing on the underside of the bonnet - this is not exactly legal and will also require some paint, but should give you the clearance you need.
- Get the Seibon EF-style carbon-fibre bonnet to suit ED Civics, which has the raised centre but is shorter to match the headlights/bumper of the ED etc.

Otherwise there are just some hack ideas like cutting your bonnet or trying to get a panel beater to make a custom bonnet hump using fibreglass etc.