PDA

View Full Version : Joining the 2 wheel club!

CivicEGSI
18-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Hey guys, my name is Tim.

Today I went and did the q-ride course at rocklea in brisbane, all I can say is wow! I can see why people love riding so much, it was so much fun! I have always liked the look of road bikes etc. but had never ridden on the road before today. I will be going back tomorrow to (hopefully) finish the course and get my P's! Then it's time to sort out a trusty steed.

Anyway the main point I started this is to introduce myself and hopefully organize some cruises etc in the brisbane area, and find out about seeing some track time! If anyone is keen, or has any info on the latter, post away!

DLO01
22-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Hey Tim. Welcome to 2 wheels of the motorised type! Yep, riding motorbikes is a wonderfull thing.

Any idea on what bike you will be looking for your fist?

I'm in Brisbane as well, out on the southside. We always go for a ride on the weekends, my dad and friends if they are keen. We mostly hang around the Gold Coast Hinterland area, but sometimes venture to the north, like Mt Glorius etc. Let me know when your up and running and we can meet up somtime. Go for breaky somewhere or something.

Take care have fun and stay safe!

CivicEGSI
22-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Thanks man!

Ive narrowed it down to an mc22 cbr250rr, gs500, vtr250, or cb400. Trying to keep the price of my first bike down as I know ill be upgrading as soon as I hit my Rs.

Oh sweet man! Yeah I'll definitely shoot you a line when I get a bike, It'd be great to learn a few things from you guys, and hopefully pick up a few techniques etc. Have you had much experience with the track days at QR or lakeside?

Thanks again for the welcome!

CivicEGSI
24-01-2014, 08:10 AM
So plans changed and I ended up purchases a 2009 ninja 250r. Picking it up this arve, stoked!

DLO01
25-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Excellent! Congrats! So you have your License now? How does she go?

Never done a track day, but would like to some time.

CivicEGSI
26-01-2014, 04:13 AM
Yep! Been riding around for the last two day getting familiar with everything, trying to improve cornering etc, so much fun! Haha the bike feels great, but I definitely know I will want more power within the next year, but im goig to stick with it.

Also might change to 14/47 sprocket setup as my chain is getting loose, and I have a suspicion that sprockets are worn

CivicEGSI
26-01-2014, 05:04 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/26/u9esuguq.jpg

This is her :D

DLO01
28-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Yep! Been riding around for the last two day getting familiar with everything, trying to improve cornering etc, so much fun! Haha the bike feels great, but I definitely know I will want more power within the next year, but im goig to stick with it.

Also might change to 14/47 sprocket setup as my chain is getting loose, and I have a suspicion that sprockets are worn

Its easy to check if the sprocket are worn.

If you change one thing best to change all. So if chain is old or run out of adjustment or has to much play in the links, replace the chain and both front and rear sprockets at the same time. Then you can chose different sprocket sizes. Though be wary that it will put your speedo out.