PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

davieb
25-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Hows things

just put a deposit on a 2009 civic sport, sedan. Previously owned a 2.2ictdi 2009 hatch when I was in the UK. Diesels not really taken off here, has it?

Was looking at the engine there is one number tifferent from the ctr and obviously 20kw missing. CTR is obviously on a 6 speed box and weighs 200kg more. Is the engine just a remap or is it single branch manifolds and different cams? Would it take much to match the performance?

Cheers lads.

curtis265
25-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Hows things

just put a deposit on a 2009 civic sport, sedan. Previously owned a 2.2ictdi 2009 hatch when I was in the UK. Diesels not really taken off here, has it?

Was looking at the engine there is one number tifferent from the ctr and obviously 20kw missing. CTR is obviously on a 6 speed box and weighs 200kg more. Is the engine just a remap or is it single branch manifolds and different cams? Would it take much to match the performance?

Cheers lads.

Hi lad

you'd need to swap the entire head to have a 'real' dohc vtec and you'd also need the same ratios in the transmission to match.

you'd also need all the additional spot welds in teh chassis to match the stiffness of the chassis as well

what's a 2.2ictdi 2009 hatch ?

diesel's not too popular here because it's not much cheaper than petrol

EKVTIR-T
25-01-2014, 03:50 PM
welcome guy

yeah diesels have only just got popular here in passenger cars recently

where as in the UK they have been the staple for a very long time indeed

davieb
25-01-2014, 04:37 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/honda-civic-type-s-2-2-diesel

It's a ctr look alike with a torquey 2.2 diesel in it. Probably quicker than the sport I've just bought and got about 5l per 100km
When I had it tuning was difficult due to them ripping clutches up. Still people got about 200 bhp 500 nm torque. Favorite car I've had. Mine was red.

Looking forward to the petrol u it hopefully I can squeeze a few bhp out of it. Seemed a little sluggish tbh.

EKVTIR-T
25-01-2014, 04:40 PM
but they have a narrow torque band and even the late models still end up blowing lots of smoke